Espada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Espada

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Top posters
Captain Zack
Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_vote_lcapChapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_voting_barChapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_vote_rcap 
Ragamuffin
Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_vote_lcapChapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_voting_barChapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_vote_rcap 
Kiske
Miku Watahari
crazyhappybunny
Yuki~<3
TheByakura
Takato Urameshi
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Who Posts Next
Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:35 am by Captain Zack

» Confirmation.
Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 am by Captain Zack

» Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins
Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:33 pm by Ragamuffin

» All I Can Say Is MEH!
Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:19 am by Ragamuffin

» Robyn's photoshop Murisachi!
Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:32 am by Captain Zack

» Reporting Back In - Niiki's Mind, Suzume's Game
Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:36 am by Captain Zack

» Robyn's Photoshop
Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:03 am by Kiske

» Robyn's Photoshop
Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:35 am by Captain Zack

» This kid looks like shuunske
Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:34 am by Captain Zack

Current Topic:
Chapter 4 - Sweet Awakening - An Adventure Begins Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins Bgw6s6
"Shuunske has started a decline of sanity, of which the only cure is his true love - Yuki. After regaining consciousness, Shuunske has to face Hiiro. Miku, Niiki, and Esido return to Suzume with their battle prize. They have won round one. Who will win round two?"

Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins   Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:02 am

What could I have done differently?

Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins Waiting-1

Hiiro looked to her hands, placed gently on her lap, their fingers intertwined together as she let herself sink into deep thought. Perhaps she could have explained faster, or she could have told the truth… No, things would be worse off if she had told them what really happened. That her Captain, attacked another Captain in a blind rage, then turned upon his own subordinate, fractured her wrist, broke a rib, gave her a minor concussion, and choked her to the point of nearly passing out from air constriction.

Yes, it’s better she left that part unsaid. ..

Her body felt tired, achy yet somehow numb.
They explained to her when she awoke that her wounds were relatively minor, even with the seriousness of the situation she was in, Hiiro was already healed and on her quick way to recovery. However it was of the utmost importance that she should take it easy, confined to the small room like the one she now resided in. The walls painted a creamy off white color with no decorations to brighten the room, give it the warmth all sick people craved. All that it had was a small twin sized bed raised off the ground where Shuunske lay without disturbance.

Hiiro perched herself upon a small, under stuffed , peach colored chair by his bedside, a discarded pillow propped behind her back to keep her from straight as she waiting the long hours beside him. Her deep red hair fell into her face, its weight still felt light and foreign to her casting strange shadows on her face from the only light in the room which came from a lamp fixed above her, and a large window just to the side of Shuunske’s bed, letting the light and the fresh air spill into the room at a nauseating pace. The sky outside was dank and bleak as it was the night before. The rain came in surging swells of icy water, unrelenting as though it felt the sorrow the emanated from her Captain.

She had long since closed the window, as well as the binds, shutting off the room from the rest of the world as though they lived in the small recovering bubble of isolation. Hiiro didn’t sleep, but hovered like a silent guardian. Whenever a nurse came in to check on Shuunske, it was Hiiro that opened the door, with slight mechanical smile she didn’t mean but simply offered politely as she hovered over the woman’s shoulder, gazing carefully as Shuunske was cared for in the most ginger of motions. Hiiro asked frequent questions as to the medication given to him; she helped take his pulse when she could offer her services. If Shuunske was given a sip of water, Hiiro afterwards would sample some of the water herself, explaining bashfully afterwards that she was simply thirsty, then watch as the nurse looked her over with genuine confusion before checking on Hiiro herself, pressing that if she needed, Takaniki-san could have her own glass of water, Yet Hiiro refused politely.

“A sip was all I needed.” She would smile slightly. The nurse would sigh and shrug before walking out quickly and leaving her alone with her Captain once more. The nurse would pass it off as something as simple as shock, a daze Hiiro was still from the night before. But Hiiro was far too scared to be in a cloud of confusion, her senses were as sharp as a tack, and she would know everything that happened to her Captain while he was still in such a vulnerable state.

Yet occasionally the Nurses would enter the room purely for Hiiro. They were concerned she wasn’t getting enough sleep, staying by Shuunske’s bedside instead of her own bed in her own room. But every time somebody had tried to move her she refused. Being by his side was where she needed to be. When Hiiro was alone, she was wracked by the guilt of not being there fast enough. His rage fill words rang in her ears as though he had screamed them at her right then and there. So her time was spent slowly processing everything that had happened to her in the past twenty four hours. It all was jamming together so all she could do was close her eyes and reflect, trying to take it all in. Process it all and find even the smallest of details she had missed before. All while the rest of the soul society turned its watchful gaze upon her, and her captain.

The incident sparked a growing concern and like wildfire grew panicked buzz from all corners of the Gotei 13. A new enemy, one nobody had heard about before, and more pressing questions that all remained unanswered. What happened to Captain Shuunske? Hiiro could hear the questions through the walls in soft whispers as patients and other Shinigami trudged lightly down the bamboo halls. But nobody knew the troubling waters Shuunske swam in better than Hiiro. The memory that sunk like a rock in her stomach, making her feels sick. Making her watch the room more carefully, inspect the water, his pulse, his temperature with the care of an overprotective mother.

Right now, nothing would touch him.

~ ~ ~

Hiiro pulled herself up out of her uncomfortable sleep, filled with blurred ghostly images of Kasumi, and now Shuunske. Shifting into a sitting position, her head throbbed and her throat burned as though she had drank hot lead. Beside her mattress, upon a table was a small glass of water Hiiro took and gulped down generously. Her mind was a misty cloud of thoughtlessness until the latch of her door snapped open and slid to one side with hardly a sound. Two men entered the room, neither dressed like the 4th division she knew, and their faces were unfamiliar to her. The first, a tall strong heavy set man with short sleeves that ended just past his shoulders, and dark rounded sunglasses upon his nose that masked his eyes from view. Behind him, a younger more petit looking man with a black and white stencil patterned scarf draped around his neck, and a small notepad of paper tucked next to his Zanbaktou. Dark satin hair felt into his eyes, eyes that looked directly into hers.

”5th Seat Hiiro Takaniki-san, you are the soul witness to what truly happened on the events that occurred last night. Your statement is being noted as the true occurrences as to what happened.” The larger more intimidating Shinigami stated suddenly, not stopping to ask of her well being, though the smaller man seemed to offer her a small smile of comfort. Hiiro sat up slightly, looking to them both, her lips turning into a frown as she glanced between the two perplexed by the current situation.

“Yes, what is this about?” She inquired softly, her voice low and muted from the strain of her injuries so her words came as nearly a whisper. The large man removed a small paper from his Shihauksho and read it without pause.

“Captain Shuunske Ginsuchi of the 11th division is hereby under surveillance for possible treason and lack of mental capabilities to withhold such a respectable position in the Gotei 13.”

“What did you say?”
Her eyes widened as panic flooded through her body.
“You cannot be serous-“

“In light of this knowledge and your recovery from your slightly delusional state, has your statement on the events that occurred changed at all? “He asked his voice pausing to emphasize on the two words ‘Delusional state’ lowering the paper to look at her horror struck face.

“You cannot be serious….how could they even think something like that?” She asked fervently, gripping the sheets and looking into the eyes of the man who so blatantly didn’t care of her reaction. “Why would –“ she tried to ask again but the man cut her off with a raised hand, his words deep and pressing, feeling as though she was in an interrogation.

“Has any information in your original statement changed?”

“No.” Hiiro stiffened looking boldly back at his eyes; she would not be frightened by this man. Clearing his throat he leaned forward, pressing his hand upon the edge of her bed, making the cot squeal angrily and sink in.

“You are aware, Hiiro-san. That if the information you have presented us is false, you will also be charged with treason and be considered an accomplice?”

“An accomplice to what? You are stating that Shuunske-sama it being put under investigation for his mental well being.” Hiiro narrowed her eyes and gripped the sheets, pressing her back against the wall, never once breaking the searing eye contact with the larger man. What was this about? Her Reitasu probed the room until she could locate her Zanbaktou resting against the far wall behind the two men. Could they be fakes? Who were these people really? To her statement, the man said nothing, but leaned back as though she had passed some invisible test, slipping the paper back into his Shihauksho with a steady calmness that made her heart rate increase.

“You are not to inform your Captain of this investigation. That is a direct order from the Central 46.” He stared into her dumb struck eyes. Before more words could be spoken, they turned and left Hiiro in her silent state of abhorrence. Closing the door silently behind him as though they had never been there, yet the impression left Hiiro chilled to the core.

~ ~ ~

The discussion had been over seven hours ago, leaving Hiiro with hundreds of questions that bubbled to her mind, quickly replaced by another. Wondering if there could have been something she could have done differently, some way to remove the watchful eyes around them. Someway to have saved Yuki, or saved Shuunske.

Once she had awoken, and had the strange encounter. Hiiro moved to Shuunske’s bedside, and remained there. Sunibunki lay against her chair, the soft tassels occasionally brushing against her leg, reminding her of its presence. She would be the first person Shuunske see’s when he awakes. Explain to him the story that she told, the lie to cover what had truly happened. Yet with the two mysterious Shinigami the scarlet woman became very attentive of their surroundings. She noticed now a tiny camera that was placed in the corner of the room, too small to contain a microphone. For this, Hiiro positioned herself so her back was facing away from the camera and towards Shuunske. A comfortable, uncommon position for one waiting anxiously for a loved one to awaken, this way their lips could not be read, if that was in fact was what the camera was for.

But her attention could not stray from her Captain for very long. Every time she began to nod off into sleep in her chair, soft pained words tumbled frightfully from his lips, shooting adrenalin through her body.

He had been taking in his sleep. Nothing she could understand, however Hiiro did not have to know what he was saying to know what he was dreaming about. It was the same dreams she had, trapped, unable to save the person you love and yet the dream repeats itself. Giving you a little bit of hope before it is once more taken away.

The people change, the stage is different, but all grieving is nearly the same.

She gazed upon his porcelain face, turned gently to one side; soft tears blossoming at the corners of his eyes. Reaching forward, she dabbed away his tears with a small cloth. Wishing there was some other way she could help dull this pain he was feeling even if it was just for a moment. Yet all she could do was sit, and wait for him to return to her.

As Shuunske seemed to slip once more into a remotely comfortable state, no whimpers escaped his slightly parted lips and the tears ran dry. Hiiro leaned back; taking a pained breath she craned her neck to one side, messaging the exposed tender nape. Her whole neck throbbed, but she tried to push the pain from of her mind, the cotton bandages rubbed painfully against her skin, but this to, she ignored. Just as she chose to ignore the many questions the nurses asked her when they saw how the bruises and bloodied marks appeared like hand prints, how clear they were, how tightly he must have held onto her.

All these things she chose to ignore.

Hiiro did not care if Shuunske had hurt her. She knew this would happen to her the moment she wrapped her arms around his quivering damp body and held him close. She became to outlet to his emotions that night and she had accepted that. The wounds would heal, yet his words that night remained stuck deeply into her mind like a thorn that refused to budge. She had never once blamed him, the sheer thought of casting any accusations onto his shoulders made her feel as though she could cry.

But how could she right these feelings, when he may not even remember the words he had spoken to her?

He may wake, and be absolutely appalled at what had happened to her, unknowing that it was he who afflicted the wounds in the first place.

What would she say then?

Dozens of scenarios ran through her mind in those hours. Ways to lie or bend the truth so he would think it was not directly his fault. Yet they all came back to the same conclusion.

Shuunske would see through the lies.

With his superior skills it would be more than useless to lie to him. As much as it pained her, it was pointless to try and soften the blow .The moment he asked her what was wrong, or how the wounds came into being. Hiiro wouldn’t have to say a word or utter a single sound. Shuunske would be able to see the truth in her eyes, her broken smile and fiddling fingers, the tensions of muscles and flinch of eyebrows. He would see it all, see that it was him. That he was to blame.

But at least the smallest of painful truths she could keep secret. Such as how they had found them both that night atop the half ruined rooftop, he was passed out on her lap.

Or how he held her neck so tightly his fingerprints became embedded into her skin, as though etched in time they still remained, she could feel them with a slide of her finger under her bandages, the tiny abrasions upon darkened purple skin.

These little secret things she could still keep hidden from him. At least for a little while, until Shuunske knew that Hiiro blamed him for nothing, that it wasn’t his fault in her eyes and never will be. She wasn’t angry, or scared.

“Please, wake up Shuunske-sama.”
Hiiro closed her eyes and let her body slump, her elbow’s resting upon her knees as she ran her fingers through the short cardinal hair with her head bowed to look at the floor.

“Wake up…I beg you.”

Back to top Go down
Captain Zack

Captain Zack

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins   Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:12 am

Darkness.

It surrounded everything, binding it into place with a dark fabric that boasted of being unbreakable. It stuck to Shuunske like gum that had been chewed for much to long, its tar like substance falling over him and slowly bathing him in a depressing sludge.

The slight dripping noise of Shuunske's sorrow littered the ocean of memories around him, and in response, this ocean blasted back the sound of angry waves falling against Shuunske's broken mental membrane – a substance that was no longer permeable in both directions, only allowing sanity to slowly slip out, where it too became a pitch black, almost purple sludge.

Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins Ny7axv

Shuunske's hands lay, lifeless, against the solidified confusion that surrounded him, unable to feel his heart beat slowly, flattering his useless eyes, swollen over and infected with guilt.

Shuunske's dead body jerked as if it was controlled by another thing altogether. Something pulled at him from his left, while at the same time pushing him down under the blackness. Shuunske watched, from a different place, as his body was tampered with – violated.

Made to suffer.

He was helpless, the hands of crazed laughter pushing at him, the feet of shadows kicking him under the ebony waves.

He could only watch.

Shuunske did not feel any need to save his sinking soul – his dead, useless, and utterly beaten body from the black flood that was consuming it slowly.

Then the weighted explosion of emotion itself, the queen of suffering and king of consequences let go of its restraints, and fell upon the dirty, bloody and torn white haired boy – a boy that was no longer able to keep himself above the black crashing waves.

It managed to weasel under his skin. To sink him completely. It was uncontrollable. But Shuunske knew this, and made no effort to stop the flow of well being as it dumped off the edge of the cliffs that had been erected in order to cause the strict currents of time slowly erode at the boy's ability.

Shuunske gasped, his eyes bloodshot and weary, warning of a great lack of rest. His head sprung up above an ice cold water that stung him, trying to once again cause him to fail. Trying to push him back under.

At the same time, Shuunske snapped back into consciousness. His view blasted over flames, whipping out at him. It was all blurry – as if each eye saw something completely different. While one eye saw the cold darkness, the ice cold water, and the depression in solid form, the other eye looked upon a certain orange and red witted death that swept over the area, blurred and senseless – silent.

Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins Afg4eg

Shuunske grasped for air, the cold burning at his lungs with a fierce intensity – flame washing over him. His hands fell upon the metal of a floating disk, another cold substance, so hot that it scorched his fingers upon touch. Steam erupted from his skin raising with the heat and slashing against the solid metal.

Shuunske hauled his body up onto the metal, completely exhausted, and unable to feel the pain of the burning heat that was now flat against his body, causing the cotton fabric to burn away from his body in small patches as it caught flame.

“Shuunnsskkkeee!”

Beamed into a psycho reality, Shuunske gripped at whatever was closest to him, feeling the cold and hard metal that was riveted without receiving mind breaking erosion. He was split into two – he was no longer himself. He had heard his own name – only it was different, changed. Two voices spoke at him. One, a screaming girl that ripped at his ears with a tortured sounding flesh eating yell, and the other, a cool and calm, and yet disappointed frowning tone that spoke with a low sedative.

He realized this now, as his body lost the control to walk, and fell to the burning red ember spewed ground, his knees falling first, fire already caught on them. Pain slapped him, knocking the wind out of his small chest. He did not feel like he was real – something was not right. Shuunske pulled up his hands, as if they were weights too heavy to lift more than once, only to realize that they were not his. Fire washed over them, and complete confusion broke over his face – like a rash that ate at the human mind without own a cure.

Shuunske looked up, his body wet and skinny, parched of will – weightless. His clothes stuck to him, and he felt the burning pain as if it were a dream that he was waking from, although something screamed that it was still going to continue forever, and that there was nothing he could do to stop the humiliating loop of imagery.

Shuunske's hands fell once more, now knowing that they belonged to someone else. All the white haired boy could do was watch as wood fell all around him – unlike the memories that so often plagued his sleep, but too similar to be completely different. Fire lashed out and took hold of the boy's body, grabbing something that did not belong to the boy, and seemed to belong more to the fire.

Fabric fell against the metal slab, no longer able to cling to the boy's body. Slight ripples pushed up against Shuunske's feet, the dark, ice cold water wanting to snare him and remove his coping illness.

A darkened scream flew from Shuunske's own mouth as a large object fell from above and slammed into him – although the scream was not prompted by him. It was as if he was on a predetermined track and had no choice but to follow. His entire body hunched at the pain of the burning coals flying over his entire body, allowing the part of his blurred clothes that had remained untouched by the red dancing flame to ignite, and send heat scrubbing over his entire body.

A thin, off gray, and wet hand came up from the water, slamming down onto the metal slab – the entire surface reacting as if it was alive, bobbing in and out of the water against the weight and power of the hand. Gold lined the familiar arm. The fingers moved like a set of spiders in order to reveal an opened eye that stared at Shuunske with a deep glare. The glare stared past Shuunske as if he were hollow.

His head jerked with the weight. He heard, as well as felt multiple cracks within his body as it broke, shattered by the heavy, uncontrolled darkness. The flame moved in slow motion as It crept along his clothes, and finally sunk its teeth into his skin.

“You... disappoint me, Shuunske-dono...” the voice spoke, bubbling from beneath the water in complete clarity. As the voice spoke, the eye moved, and called to the other hand, that fell flat against the metal slab. “I did not pick you for this...” A deep laugh spilled from the water, this sound hidden under the sound of water that pushed the sound around the environment, causing an endless echo that never stopped, and only got less and and less noticeable.

His teeth pushed so hard against each other that they fragmented, and broke into his mouth, instant pain hugging his entire body with a sycophantic seduction that groped at his insecurities. In the same instant, he looked down at his shaking hands, moving without his control. The skin turned black and melted away, steaming as red water fell from his mouth – trying to aid the helpless boy. He could not look away, watching as the fire tore his reddened armor away from him, revealing the white and browned layers that lay, charred below the skin. With every slight move he made, he watched different sections of his burning body react from within.

“I am losing you... and I have not even received you yet...” The statement confused Shuunske, his body seizing the cold and wet metal with a greater power than he knew how to fight against. “Get up, weak boy... this is not the time to lay in wait...” Shuunske could hardly hear what the creature was talking about, but knew that it was true – whatever he was saying.

A thick, blurred hand collected a large sum of Shuunske's hair, causing the remaining hair to fall about his face. Shuunske's eyes widened. It was not his body. The hair that fell about his face was black, and singed. The hand pushed Shuunske forward, onto his stomach, his clothes having been completely burned, and no longer holding the fabric's resolve against flame. He felt his skin sizzle from underneath his body as his head was pulled up. Shuunske did not believe his eyes.

“You were not supposed to be this weak... so then why, Shuunske-dono?” the calm voice continued as the hands pulled up arms, which pulled up shoulders, which, finally, pulled up a face. It was not human, and not any other creature that could be identified. The gray blue of his face held slits along the side of his cheeks. Shuunske knew this young man – Kirisami. Where was he? And why was he face to face with this interrogating and cynical child of a man?

He stared into large blue eyes. Shuunske's breath left him, slowly draining out of his body as a deep sorrow burned in with the fire, rotting his melted and flaking flesh as it fell off of his body in small chunks. In some places, only spindly and corrosive muscle fibers remained, his hands completely lacking even these basic accessories – only bone and tendons that quickly evaporated. They were his own eyes. Another slap of confusion left a red mark on his skin that was burned the next second.

“SHUUNSKE! HELP ME!”

The scream came from his own lips, although he did not know why? He had not wanted to scream? What was happening to him? Everything was so vivid, despite the blurred reality that crispy crossed the lines of what was real. Shuunske raised his hand, looking at the solidified boy, a look of complete horror on his face, unable to move. Was that really how he had looked? Completely unable to move, to save, to even try?

“Do you see what I mean... Shuunske-dono? You are weak... there is still a stronger part of you that is missing. Still an entire half of the puzzle that remains in the box. Why are you here, wasting your only time to retrieve that box before another person picks it up and dismembers it?” Shuunske's body, once again, moved as if pulled by small strings that bored into his weak and thinned body, dragging him to his feet. He was unable to look Kirisami in the eyes – he knew that, although the opinions were harsh, he never lied to Shuunske. Even when Shuunske knew nothing about what the man was speaking about.

Shuunske's body, now clearly not his own, but the body of a loved on, faded to the ground, charred black skin falling onto the ground, framed by boiling and evaporated blood that bubbled, and jumped from one hot surface to another. Quickly moving stillness closed Shuunske's eyes before throwing him against another solid – this time it was a cold solid. The pain still kept hold of his small and innocent body, blood falling from his skin. His eyes remained closed – even still, the blackness was blurry.

“Get up now, Shuunske-dono... regain your strength, or you will die here, like this.” The voice paused. “Is this what you want? TO be just as helpess as you have been in the past? To give in to your selfish and greedy procrastination. To sit and watch, and feel hopeless? Is that how you plan to deal with this crisis? I expected more from you at this point – boy.” The sharp tone in his voice sent flared of anger through the white haired boy's inner most core. Anger that was not directed at the aquatic man, but at himself. Was this all as true as he believed?

Shuunske opened his eyes, the burning pain slowly becoming nothing more than normal, in order to see a single drop of blood fall, and land on his face. It was warm, and fresh. Shuunske slowly traced the path of the red liquid up to its source. He knew what he was going to find there, but he could not stop his body. There was no point in trying not to see it – it would only make it come faster.

Quivering in order to stand on his own two legs, shaking, Shuunske ripped through the small wires that stitched him into his helplessness. The gray man smiled – a smile that did not hold any warm feelings, the only smile that was not nice. A frown in and of itself. His eyed hand reached up, offering the thin white blade that had offered the boy in the same fashion many years ago – Kirisami. “Prove this... to yourself. I will not allow you to be weak – if you are, I will no longer abide by your side, Shuunske-dono.”

Although blurred, Shuunske knew what his eyes rested on, the entire scene appearing to be frozen in slow motion – an eternal slow motion that would, although moving, stay completely still and in the same place. It was a small black haired girl, hanging, mouth opened after screaming his name. Blood slowly dripped from her red stained teeth and onto Shuunske's body. Her skin was pushed out and slightly distorted, ripped up the sides in order to make way for a large spear like arm that pushed through her, stealing her life, and his sanity with it.

Shuunske jumped forward, taking the sword in hand from the boyish man's hands, and flipping into the ocean that lay around the only solid land form – the blackness laughing at him as made his choice. “Ready yourself to fight... Shuunske-dono. This is a fight to save none other than yourself... realize that.” As Shuunske landed on the water, the waves grabbed at his legs, this time supporting him, and becoming hard in order to stabilize the boy. In a lightening quick motion –

Shuunske slashed at the target, his sword branded with an uncertain furry. His energy, although pushed into a deep slumber, stirred and rolled over, slightly opening its eyes in order to see that it had been sleeping.

Sparks flew into the dark water as the blade was blocked by another of striking resemblance, but different.

No sparks flew in any direction as he swung at the murderer that discarded the doll like female body to the side, the motion opening her back pack and causing numerous oddly colored and titled books to fall out against the metal that lay below him, in the form of long tracks that lead into the distance. Everything was so out of focus that he was unable to see what he struck at with such anger. His face wrinkled as he pushed past the inability to control his own body.

Dark energy poured over him.

A deep laugh parroted through the ocean water, a slight light beaming up from the otherwise darkened waves and shining on the area of contact that the two warriors swords had come to. Then one by one, more and more light came cracking through the surface.

The blurred assassin began to fade from view, distancing itself further and further. Shuunske jumped and tried to run, but it was to no avail. No matter which way he tried to adapt, he was not fast enough – his sluggish movements held him back from the spider like monster.

His entire reality began to fade and smelter into what seemed a blast of blackness.

The light from the ocean came in higher and higher amounts until Shuunske had to close his eyes in order to avoid not being blinded. He felt Kirisami smile at him – this smile much more honest to its nature.

“I told you so...”

When Shuunske opened his eyes, the environment was different – brilliant and yet bland. Painless, and yet more painful than anything yet experienced. Cluttered, and yet more lonely than anything should ever have to be.

Shuunske blinked himself back to reality.

A different pain slowly crept up his sides, and into his back. It set into his body with a disarming realism that displaced him on a different level than had experienced.

Where was he?

Sounds were all too loud to comprehend, and all of his sight was still blurred. Small pricks of needles made their welcoming greetings back into absoluteness. Although, for some reason, this reality seemed more gray than what he had just come from – less vivid.

The dim lighting in combination with the wrathful deadening images, caused Shuunske to see nothing more than a fake reality, viewing everything as dark, and haunted. The room he was in appeared to be a prison, a darkened and blackened room that was splattered with blood. It felt like small insects slinked over his small, limp body.

Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins 16-053

To move meant to submit himself to pain. But he moved regardless, stirring in his bed. He heard the slight beep, one by one, each echoing slowly and slower still into his ear at different, off, and wrong intervals.

His eyes fell upon a girl. It was as if he was dreaming now. The blur over his glazed eyes did not allow him to see any detail, but only see the sadness, and desperation that consumed and took hold of this girl so completely.

Tears fell from Shuunske's eyes as he opened his mouth, his entire body still pointed away from the red headed girl, and his head quickly returning to sync with his body in looking away. No words came out. His throat was dry – to dry to form words. His tongue washed over the insides of his mouth, but to no avail. It was just as dry, and had no effect.

Instead the motion simply prompted a cough, and hacked at his body, like blades against his skin. Shuunske tasted the iron of blood against his tongue.

“H-Hirro...chan...?”

Last edited by Captain Zack on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins   Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:59 am

The silence that had seeped into the air saturated the walls with that pasty stillness, was broken by his soft words. Hiiro’s head was bowed, slipping between the dream world and the strange off white colored room she now resided in; Lulled into a thoughtless state from staring at the dull ribbons that ran along the bamboo floors below her for such a long period of time. But his cough had sent her world spiraling into emotions that jolted her awake.

His words were soft, hardly a whisper, yet in such a sure silence as the one they were in she heard his words clearly. Just a name, for a moment she had expected him to still be sleeping. That he was simply talking in his sleep once more, as he had done time and time again.

But this was different, she understood his murmurs, He spoke a name…

It was her name.

”H-hiiro-Chan?”

Lifting her head, Hiiro’s heart fluttered as she saw the soft blue orbs looking numbly back at her. Emotion flooded her senses as she realized this was real. Shuunske had returned to her. Her emotions choked her back for a moment and she gave off a brilliant and relieved smile. Tears of happiness threatened to break as she leaned forward.

“Yes Shuunske-sama I’m here.” She replied in a quiet tone quickly in response to his words, unable to keep the smile from her lips and her words. Hiiro scooted closer to him on her seat so she was nearer to the bed. Joy and relief flowed through her, making all worry and anxiety leave for these few moments. He was back, Shuunske had returned and he knew her face. Right now his comfort was on the top of her list of accomplishes. Her hand went out and touched his arm softly. Biting back more tears of joy, which she quickly whipped away with a small nervous laugh.

“I was so worried. C-can I get you anything?” She offered gently before helping him into an upright sitting position. The first flickers of concern etched into her mind as she saw the dull color in his eyes, and how his body quivered slightly under her touch, it was clammy as though he had a chill.

Guilt and an acidic concern sunk to her stomach as she looked to his eyes. His eyes that looked so tired and dull, as though they had only slivers of life left in them.

“Are you cold? I could get you another blanket, it wouldn’t be any trouble.” She murmured the question faded off at the end as she was lost in his face, how he slumped slightly.

Suddenly Shuunske seemed different, older, and frailer. The change almost made her breath catch, but her hands lingered on his shoulders. She wasn’t sure which one of them was quivering but she bit her lip as the emotion over took her, and she pulled him into a warm hug. Hiiro rested her cheek against the top of his soft downy hair that now seemed stringy. Maybe she could warm him, give him back some of the life had had given her.

However she was only his 5th seat; her affection on any other cases could have been disrespectful. But at the moment she didn’t care of things like that. He was Shuunske, he looked so frail, but even with this frailty. Her captain was alive. He was ok, Shuunske was ok.

Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins Hug-1-1

….He had to be ok…

The embrace was long, she held him tightly feeling her heart against his body, or his heart against hers. But it did not last long enough, any energy she could have transferred to him. Any strength she could convey in those few moments that felt so short. It could never be enough to fully heal what had happened to him.

No amount of hugs and comforting words could mend the wounds inflicted upon her Captain. But this wasn’t about to stop Hiiro from trying. With a final squeeze she released the boy and leaned back, realizing now she had finally begun to cry. Small tears slid down her left cheek as she leaned back onto her chair, looking to him with a petite broken smile.

“I was so worried you would never…” She cut of her words, it was too horrible to think of now. “No, it doesn’t matter anymore.” She assured herself while whipping away the one stray tear with her index finger. Her other hand still remained on the bed holding onto his hand delicately. After a long deep breath she offered him a much more collected and comforting smile. “Are you comfortable? Can I get you anything?” She asked again before sitting back up to her chair and lifted a small clay mug that was filled with cool water by his bedside.

“Here.” She held it out to him gingerly. As he took the glass her hands fell away to become intertwined together upon her lap, feeling the texture of her Shihauksho under her fingertips. Why was she so nervous? This curious concoction of feelings was confusing her.

”He looks as though he’s changed… His mind is still troubled so terribly.”

“You must be thirsty, I know when I woke up I was parched.” She laughed quietly, but even now it felt foreign to her True, but still strange. It had been so long since she had acted without hindrance from her own troubles, smiling still felt awkward.

Yet she tried to ignore these feelings and be happy he was awake and alive and with her again, though it was difficult to maintain her soft smile and movements as though she wasn’t hindered by the wounds that were inflicted on her the night before. She wanted to stop her body from flinching as her throbbing wrist or swallow thickly from the still recovering wounds upon her throat.

Would he remember what happened last night? Or what happened at all? Hiiro suddenly felt very nervous and looked to the blinds that were hung over the large window that hung over Shuunske’s bed cloaking all natural light from the room.

“Would you like the curtains opened? It’s rainy outside last I checked but if you would like some fresh air… I could open it for you” She trailed off not knowing what else to say.

"What can i do to help save you?."

Back to top Go down
Captain Zack

Captain Zack

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins   Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:23 pm

He felt limp. Defenseless. Void of memory of this odd rendition of the world. It seemed fake, fabricated, and only like the mirrors reflection of what he had experienced before. The room stunk of sad thoughts, and putrid feelings that were rotting at anything nice. The walls seemed brown, and old. Colorless.

His bloody mouth wrinkled as he heard movement that led to Hiiro grabbing at him. Tears filled his eyes, only he was unaware of their motive and their reason. His body trembled at her touch, as if he was supposed to recoil and push her away. But he was unable to. He did not want to.

Her hands wrapped around his own and pulled him into a hug. He fell against her. His entire body shook, and his face looked confused. Where was he? Why was he here?

His hands slowly moved to hug Hiiro back. He had to concentrate on moving them. They shook with an uncertain intensity as he tried to move them back into position around her. Finally they fell, unable to complete the movement from sheer exhaustion, and were left dangling at the red head's side.

“Yes Shuunske-sama, I am here!”

Hearing her voice awoke some kind of different feeling in his body. As if his entire person was trying to remember why it was that he was here, and what his purpose was. His shaking only intensified as the new emotions yelled at him to remember.

“Are you cold? I could get you another blanket, it would not be a problem?”

Shuunske did not answer her question, only remained in the hug, until she released him. His body fell backwards, against the wall that the bed was pushed against. His lips moved as if to say something, but once again, his dry throat would not allow him to speak. Instead only a fit of coughing erupted from the frail looking child, which caused his entire body to arch with pain. It was a common symptom of over using ones energy – as Shuunske was known to do.

His blue eyes looked back up, injured and innocent looking. They had been exposed to horrors that Hiiro would never know. No one would ever know. Things seen that could not be unseen. Things felt that haunted his body for eternity.

“W-why...” Shuunske's voice broke once more, cracking with the severe dryness of his throat. But he looked up, and tried again. He felt so helpless, at the mercy of the insanity that was gripping at him. The words that he heard speaking to him. The feelings that manipulated his own right to self control.

“Why... am... I h-here? Hiiro-chan...?”

His eyes looked so hurt. He was starting to remember.

The members of some unknown white nightmare. The woman with the raven hair that stared at him as if she knew him. He had stared back with the same glare – only she was completely stranger to him. The masked woman. But then other, more potent memories. Hiiro's eyes, as life drained from them. What had happened to her that had caused that look? Shuunske remembered the breaking down of a huge wall, a fellow captain being sent through it some force. He had been so close to him when he had been pushed. What was this odd feeling of guilt?

“Hiiro-chan... w-what... what happened... to me? … to you...?”

his mind raced. More and more images. More and more pain. The other masked woman that had been there, doing something that Shuunske had hated. He remembered a man too. Their energy was so different. They had been foreign.

Shuunske remembered. They had an energy that was much more like a hollow than anything else. Only, it had been slightly different. Something more significant, and much more powerful feeling. They had all been able to fight on par with him.

Shuunske's hands dropped to the bed, and his mouth fell open as he remembered the last thing.

Yuki.

They had come for Yuki.

“Hiiro-chan! Where is Yuki-chan?!” His cracking voice sounded raspy as he forced it to work regardless of the condition of his throat. The effort caused more blood to spill from his mouth, over his lips.

“I have to... I have to find her!”

No sooner had he spoken than he half stepped, half stumbled off the bed that he was on, falling against the chair that Hiiro was on for support. His body was larger now. He hardly noticed the difference. As he fell off of the bed, the covers were removed from his matured body. His longer legs were covered by a semi fitted pair of white hospital grade pants. His lower torso was completely covered in bandages that stopped before the reached his naked chest. Despite having been bed ridden, he seemed to have become more matured, older looking. His face had become more handsome, his already striking perfection now intensified.

He pushed past the chair towards the opposite wall, towards where his haori was hung up over his zanpakutou, which was resting against a wall. He grabbed both and turned. He had to focus on moving ever muscle in his weak body. His hands easily slipped around his zanpakutou, cold to the touch.

Without waiting for Hiiro to speak, he turned towards the door. His intentions were clear. He had to leave this place and search for Yuki. But he was not so stupid to underestimate the enemy again. He would need others of the captain class.

Wrapping the haori over his pale body, Shuunske fell out the door, leaving it open for Hiiro to follow if she wanted. He just knew that he was needed else where. Yuki was helpless without him. As soon as his half naked body, covered by the thin white haori, left the room, nurses started clamor. Small yelps of excitement and concern left their lips:

“Shuunske-sama! Please return to your bed.”

“Shuunske-sama, this is for your own good.”

Shuunske did not so much as look at them. He knew that, at this point, he would be unable to use any form of kido, so he had to move fast. The 4th division shinigami all started to walk after him, confused as to what they were supposed to do in this situation. He was a captain still, after all.

His legs moved faster and faster, still unable to move with grace as he clung to the walls of the white hospital. A 4th division stepped into his way, saying quickly “Shuunske-sama! Please return to your bed at once!”

Shuunske simply pushed past him, and ran out of the door. The bright light of the outside pushed itself into his eyes and stung him. It was cold outside, cold and wet. As if rain was about to fall. Rain had been falling recently, and at this temperature, only snow would cover the Soul Society.

Shuunske pushed past person after person, each person double taking Shuunske as he pushed past, and multiple girls squealing as he did so before turning to their friends.

Shuunske ran until he could not move his body much further. But his destination was close. The illusive 1st division. Its large white tower like building loomed over the rest of the division's buildings. Two guards looked at Shuunske and then each other as he passed through, each having been informed about Shuunske's current condition. Shuunske looked back to see if Hiiro was following, only to see that she in fact was not.

Shuunske walked past the two guards, noting that their hands slowly traveled to the hilts of their swords as if to prepare for possible attack. The notion confused Shuunske. It was then that he had remembered why he had remembered being so close to the fellow captain as he had been pushed through a wall – he had been the one to do it. He had attacked his own fellow mate. Shuunske's walking faltered as he pieced everything together. If he had in fact been the one to do this, then it was more than possible that he had been placed on the watch of others.

The thought disturbed him. But he had learned the rules and all of the inner workings of the Central 46. He was well aware of their need to tear down anyone that they could. Shuunske's lip curved into a grimmace. One of the guard's hands actually moved closer to the hilt, and Shuunske watched as it did so. Nothing would slip by him.

However, Shuunske no longer cared. It was unimportant. He would gladly give up his captain rank if it meant getting Yuki back to safe ground. He ran up the stairs, his sides paining him greatly, until he pushed his way through the large brown gates that shielded the 1st division from the outside light.

The inside was a short hallways, and at the end was another large door. Shuunske had only been through the door once before, and that was when he was being anointed the official captain of the 11th division. But he ran forward none the less, regardless of the fact that he would be running in without first devising an arrangement with the 1st division captain – an elusive man that seemed to hide within the walls of the barracks more than lead in any way. His ties with the Central 46 were alarming, and frightening.

Shuunske quickly made it to the door, his face frantic, and determined. As soon as he flew in, his voice clamored with the need to be heard:

“Miyoku-taichou!”

Shuunske spoke loudly as he knelt to the ground on one knee. The movement sent pain rippling throughout his entire body.

“... Please! We have to go to...”

But he was interrupted. The man at the other end of the room sat, not facing the entrance, with his back to Shuunske. It had always been like that. No one that Shuunske had known of had seen the man's face. The lighting in the room was vague and dark. All that was illuminated was the series of candles around the room that had melted over the desks and tables.

“Shuunske-sama... so you are well again?”

The man laughed, a deep, low and most disturbing laugh. His voice was low, but sounded as if it was hiding many secrets. Shuunske had never liked hearing the sound of the man's voice. It had always plucked at strings within Shuunske's heart.

The statement was in an almost mocking tone.

“Or have you let your instincts rule you, again, and come here despite being injured? If so, please enlighten me on the situation... whatever it is must be most important...”

The man spoke as if he was unaware of the intruders. His mind games were almost as bad as Muriasachi's own. Only Muriasachi feared Shuunske, and had his limits. This man had no limits. Shuunske's anger started to boil at the calm way the captain was handling the situation.

“What are you talking about!? Hikoyama-taichou, do not act as though you are uninformed about what happened! One of our own shinigami has been taken! Arrange the search and rescue party at once!” Shuunske's voice cracked with determination and desperation.

“I was expecting you to ask that upon your revival, Shuunske-dono... I have already gone to the extent of preparing a team to acompany you to Hueco Mundo. The information provided points in that direction... information given by your own... Hiiro-dono...”

The man's voice grew threatening.

“Shuunske-dono, do not think for one second that the pathetic lies that have been sprung from your 5th seat's mouth in order to keep you from suspicion were believed for an instant. We know that you attacked a captain and vice captain of your own free will... watch yourself, Shuunske-dono... do not make more mistakes. Who knows what will happen if you do?”

It was spoken just as a member of the Central 46 would speak it. Shuunske's lips curled in anger. But conflicting emotions trashed his mind. Hiiro had lied in order to protect him from prosecution? Meaning that it was Hiiro's word against the captain's at this points?

“You will leave at once, Shuunske-dono. Gather your things. However, since this is a mission that we are completely uninformed about, bring only the most elite of your division. I do not want you to go about killing more of your own division members for no good reason...”

he paused before finishing

“Meet back here in one hour's time. We will be leaving at that point, with, or without you, Shuunske-dono. Come prepared.”

Shuunske did not want to argue. It was biting, and hurt. But he had to push past this. He had work to do, and furthermore, the man was right. Shuunske had killed many members of his division already. He had not meant to, but he had been positioned in situations that had been beyond his own control.

“Yes, taichou!”
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins   Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:33 pm

She searched his eyes for any hit of recognition. Some hint to show her that he was still there within this shell he had been pushed into. Yet all she saw looking back at her was a shell. Shuunske looked hollow, and fragile. He did not answer her, but looked through her. His own soft blue eyes were dim and screaming in sorrow. His form reacted suddenly, his eyes focused and he looked upon her for a moment that gave her the briefest moment of a smile before he began to utter words, holding a poisonous eye contact that made her almost want to look away.

“W-why-“ his voice cut off violently and his body went into spasms of coughs and choking sounds as his body rejected the idea of speech. Her hand moved quickly to the glass of water and her other to his shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze and offering him the cool water to ease his dry throat. Her own throat tickled at her skin, prodding her to cough, to use the weakened muscles at the sight of Shuunske’s hacks. The coughs were something Hiiro herself was used to; with her throat in such conditions she chose to stay as silent as ever, though she felt the need to speak now more than ever. But Shuunske’s throat was not stinging and cracked from direct pressure or blunt blows to the area. It was something much more profound, something Hiiro had experienced extensively on her entire body after she went into Bankai. The energy was used so potently his body began to reject it, hurting the body in the process.

Her heart clenched as blood spattered the sheets and her Captain rasped and choked in sweet breaths of air. She wanted to brush the snowy hair from his face, kiss his forehead and take care of him, comfort him in some way. But her body remained glued to the seat. Her eyes frozen to his soft flawless face as he coughed painfully. The only movement was that of her thumb, which rubbed his shoulder in small circles to sooth him until the pain would go away.

Does he remember? What does he know?....God…he looks so different.

Hiiro thought painfully. Inspecting his face, the curvature of his cheek and jaw bone seemed sharper, more mature. She watched intently as his coughs began to subside. They remained in silence for a moment, before Shuunske turned his gaze, looking into her honey eyes. Though he had been sleeping Shuunske looked so incredibly tired, and sickly. The look made Hiiro want to draw his petit body into her arms once more.

“Why... am... I h-here? Hiiro-chan...?”

He finally spoke, his words nearly lost to the silence, each word hardly above a whisper, yet in the never changing silence of their private room Hiiro heard his words perfectly, and wished to swallow her guilt that had begun to form a lump in her throat. The eyes that had looked so hollow were filled with the look that made her want to cry. So much pain and confusion screamed from his eyes. Shuunske was so disoriented and she couldn’t console him. There were no words that could help shine light on his situation without making him fall back into the pit of darkness she had just worked to pull him from.

“Hiiro-chan... w-what... what happened... to me? … to you...?”

Her shoulders sagged a little and she glanced away from his eyes, the pain from every injury began to sting as it became apparent under his gaze. Guilt and a throbbing sorrow burned within her like no inflicted wounds could have. He did not remember, he could not remember her injuries, that he hurt her, that these wounds were inflicted upon her because of him. How could she explain this to him? All those hours of mulling it over had flown out the window.

“….i w-well.” She began to speak, her words like gravel on her raw throat, so it seemed more like an exhale of air than actual words. Hiiro had not seen the look of horror grow upon his eyes when her own were cast to her lap in thought. What could she do? What could she say? Yuki was gone; Hiiro was beaten because of him. How could this be explained to him?

She didn’t have to say words.
But the air seemed to pulse with Reitasu as Shuunske began to piece everything together. His eyes widened and pupils becoming the size of a pin head upon a large blue sea. Her own Honey colored eyes draw themselves up to look on him. His face dipped in horror. His body slumped and he stared sightlessly past her, as though seeing things she could not see.
Hiiro bit her lip, she had to say something,
to let him understand.

“Shuunske-sama it is not your fau-“

“Hiiro-chan! Where is Yuki-chan?!”He silenced her and his thin sightless eyes shot to her own, making her suck the words back into her mouth and her body began to tremble. “Sh-she…” Hiiro felt guilt wash over her once more and she could not look into the beautiful eyes anymore. He was frantic, desperate and blood ran down his lips dying them a deep rosy color.
It was the most color on his body, making her feel sick.

“I’m sorry.”

“I have to... I have to find her!”

These words rose panic into her chest as he spoke in a growing frenzy.
Shuunske stood, his body teetering on his legs as he stumbled off the bed and grabbed onto the back of her chair. She couldn’t move, for a moment Hiiro didn’t know what happened. It was as though she had turned suddenly invisible. As though time seemed to move at a slow pace, that made her point out everything she could have done differently, what she should have done instead.

She should have grabbed his arm, stopping him right then and there.
She should have stood just as quickly and helped him back to bed. She should have told him everything on the dot, she should have locked the door.
She should have stopped him at the door.

But no,
she couldn’t move for a whole second, glued to her seat before she broke this chain and shot from her chair like it was suddenly been lit aflame. “Shuunske-sama wait!” She whirled to face him but he was already at the doorway, pushing past him and staggering down the halls with growing speed. Her chair toppled to the ground shattering what was left of the calm silence. Her heart slamming in her chest, she had to stop him! Hiiro had not been able to explain to him what she had told the others, or even what fully happened. Knowing full well she should be the only one to explain this to him.

“Shuunske-sama!!”

Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins Coughing_Up_Blood_II_by_ctrl_alt_aubrey-1

Hiiro ran to the doorframe before her body collapsed making her let out a unwitting shriek of pain that made her throat burn as though she had drank hot lead. Her chest heaved and she coughed up blood that painted the floors at her feet. Her weak shaking form gripped the door frame with the strength of a autumn leaf that clings to its tree before it is to be blown away.

The world became hazy and her ears rang. She had gotten up too fast; her body overexerted itself in those few seconds. And every second she stood here, resisting the urge to throw up, Shuunske got farther and farther away from her. But no, her body heaved itself into a horrid coughing fit that almost made her white out. More blood spilled to the ground as she stood there shaking, waiting for this nausea to fade and the world to stop spinning. Slowly coming to her senses, Hiiro gained the courage to raise her head and look up to Shuunske turning the corner of the brightly lit hallway. The world spun a little less and the ringing dulled so she could hear the frantic cries of the Shinigami and Nurses that also tried to stop her beloved Captains frantic rampage from the 4th division Hospital.

“Shuunske-…*cough* Sama.” Her voice was muted now and with her sleeve she wiped the blood from her lip, pushing herself away from the doorframe and staggered down the hallway at a quickening rate. She just had to control her breathing. No, every deep breath made her lungs scream in distaste, the cracked ribs threatening to rip her apart if she overexerted herself. There was no way she could catch up to him. Draping an arm like around her torso she supported the weight of her ribcage, helping her breath.

But I have to try!
She screamed in her head and continued now at a short Jog down the halls. Sunibunki bounced on her hip with a giggle with each one of Hiiro’s labored pants. ”I could help you… She purred with a laugh. But Hiiro refused, she couldn’t trust Sunibunki right now. Not unless she wanted to end up in worse shape than she already was.

“Hiiro-san! You should not be out here!” A nurse turned to look at Hiiro in horror. She didn’t feel like she should be out of bed, but here she was. Her hand wrapped around her torso as though keeping her ribcage together so she could maintain the run she had as she chased her Captain from a Hospital. her lips painted red with her own blood and her white sleeve stained a dark crimson color.

No, Hiiro didn’t really feel like she should be out of bed either. The nurse reached forward to take Hiiro’s arm but Hiiro tore her arm quickly from her grasp. Her eyes blazed with a fearsome fire that made the nameless nurse freeze.

“You will not touch me!” Hiiro snarled with surprising venom. She will not be slowed by this woman, or any other figure. She would reach her Captain. Turning away from the woman she continued to run down the halls following the cries of surprise. She had to leave this place quickly. Soon that nurse will alert them of Hiiro as well and she will be sedated and of no use to Shuunske at all. Flooding her Reitasu through her body, making it all feel a little lighter Hiiro picked up the pace, letting her energy heal her sucking away the pain away and making it a less intense.

Then another Shinigami turned the corner, Shuunske must have just breezed by him from the shocked look on his face. However, he was prepared for Hiiro. Grabbing her by the arm Hiiro was pulled to a stop, whirling to look to the man with fiery eyes, but not of malice, of determination.

“Hiiro-san you must get back to bed! You are in no condition for this!” He cried with compassion for her well being, but she would not weaver. Tears nearly blossomed in her eyes.

“Let go of me!” She cried pulling again but he would not let go. More people began to slip in, poking their heads from rooms at the growing ruckus and her panic grew. “My Job is to protect my Captain. You all KNOW who I am!” She shouted looking to the people who walked to her, but stopped in their tracks, she looked to the Shinigami who avoided her searing gaze. They had known of Hiiro and Shuunske. They knew she had been sent here because she was the first on the scene, the first to respond to her Captain in danger. She was the only one to come back. The only seated officer to survive the bloody snow. She was Hiiro, the Shinigami that would never leave her Captains side.

“I will not leave him, and I will bring him back.” She spoke with passion and pulled away from the Shinigami easily, he no longer had any will to keep her restrained. Nodding to him in thanks she pushed past the others and continued her staggered run down the hall and out of the 4th Division. “Shuunske-sama!” She cried again, though her voice fell short half way through. Her body screamed for her to stop but she could not. She could see the figure running ahead about twenty yards but her voice could hardly carry, let alone reach his ears. Then the form of her Captain disappeared around a sharp turn, leaving her alone again. He is going to the first division?! She thought with horror as she realized the direction he was going. What was he thinking?! She had to stop him quickly.

”Captain Shuunske-sama of the 11th division is under surveillance to see if he is fit for duty as a Captain.”

I’ve got to get to him! Hiiro pushed herself to move faster, turning the corner before she was stopped by three figures in her path. The trio of Shinigami stood in her path, these men she had never seen, yet they looked down upon her as though they had met before.

“Hiiro-san you should not be out of bed.”

“Step aside I’ve got to reach my Captain.” Hiiro barked looking at them all with a mixture of frustration and fear in her eyes. They did not flinch, but stared knowingly back at her.

“We were just coming to find you Hiiro-chan, you look pale.” Another spoke up as though he cared about her. But Hiiro ignore them before trying to force her way past. They stopped her once more, a strong armed looking man took her petit wrist and held it tightly, forcing her to stop.

“If you would please come with us.” The Shinigami who held her arm firmly asked in a serious tone. Hiiro tried to pull her arm away but she suddenly felt weak in his arm, holding her like iron.

“Ah! Let me go I have-“

“You are to come with us to the twelve division research and development Ma’am.” His words were formal and not offensive, but it was the straw that made her snap.The twelfth division?! What could Muriasachi want now? They could see it in her face as all expression drained from her face, leaving only a blank look that grew into a cold fury. Her Reitasu blossomed threatening to burn his hand.

“Like hell I would!” She spat at him, before pulling on her arm with renewed vigor. She would never see that man again; if she did it would be too soon. She could see the mild surprise on their faces, which meant they were not 12th division.

“Muriasachi-sama has specifically requested you-“he started again still a bit unnerved by her sudden and acute rage towards the twelfth division. But she clawed at his hand now with her free hand making him cry in surprise and draw his hand away, looking at the raised red scores over his skin.

“I do not care!” She shook her head stepping away. The looks of shock were apparent on all their faces at her flat out rejection.“I must find my Captain, he’s still hurt.”

“So are you Hiiro-chan. You are in no condition to be walking, let alone assist you dear Captain Shuunske-sama.” One for the three took a step forward ready to stop her if she moved again, but they could easily restrain her. This was a fact that made Hiiro tense, while the other three relax slightly. “This is for Shuunske-sama’s safety as well as your own. “ The third man continued with a calming air, trying to quell her boiling emotions. “Please, we ask you for your own good, as well as your Captain’s.” He paused before taking another step towards her with a small comforting laugh. “Relax Hiiro-chan, we’re all on the same side.” He reached forward and took her hand very gently. Hiiro did not pull her hand away; only stare at him with distrust and concern as she realized his words were true. Her gaze was suddenly shifted to the ground. Her eyebrows knit together before she shook her head, looking up at him; the rage was turned to confusion. She was weak right now; still so weak she couldn’t stop her Captain. Her concern for him shining in her eyes as she looked back at his “B-but I have to find Shuunske-sama-“

“He is alright; he’s gone to the first division and will be well taken care of until you can reach him.” He offered in a soft tone. Hiiro retracted her hand now, looking at him with skepticism. “I do not have a choice…do i.” She stated not as a question. The trio looked back at her, the comforting mans smile slipped for a small frown and he shook his head. “No I’m afraid… you do not.”

She looked back to the large building that was the first division offices, where the Captain of the first division stayed and where Shuunske had surely gone. She was so close to him, only a few yards, a quarter mile at the most from her Captain. But this man as though reading her mind spoke and made her shoulders slip.

“You could not go in there even if you wanted to.” He reminded her with his head fallen to the side and his palms upturned and he heaved a small shrug. Hiiro shook her head before looking back to them in defeat. Her head bowed before they took her arm again, supporting her weight now as she gave up. Looking back to the vast building Shuunske was in.

I’m sorry Shuunske-sama

Whatever Muriasachi needed her for, it couldn’t be good. Hiiro found the idea of returning to him sickening but kept it to herself. But they were right. If she knew Shuunske (and she thought she did) He would want to get Yuki back. Hiiro was in no condition to go on such an excursion. She had to get better so she could protect her Captain, even if she has to protect him from himself, even if she has to protect him from the rest of the Seireitei.

Closing her eyes Hiiro pushed away from the men who held her arm not to restrain her but to support her. Her body groaned in distaste but she ignored it, she would walk into the 12th division with honor, not lead like a weak child. She wanted to prove to Muriasachi that she wasn’t doting on the past anymore, that she wasn’t weak. Holding her head high she walked in stride with the three gentlemen who escorted her to the barracks. But still her eyes flicked to the first division. Hoping she could be by his side, to have had more time to explain to him what she had said, their situation.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins   Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins
Page 1 of 1