Espada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Espada

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Top posters
Captain Zack
Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_vote_lcapChapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_voting_barChapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_vote_rcap 
Ragamuffin
Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_vote_lcapChapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_voting_barChapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_vote_rcap 
Kiske
Miku Watahari
crazyhappybunny
Yuki~<3
TheByakura
Takato Urameshi
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Who Posts Next
Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:35 am by Captain Zack

» Confirmation.
Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 am by Captain Zack

» Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins
Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:33 pm by Ragamuffin

» All I Can Say Is MEH!
Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:19 am by Ragamuffin

» Robyn's photoshop Murisachi!
Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:32 am by Captain Zack

» Reporting Back In - Niiki's Mind, Suzume's Game
Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:36 am by Captain Zack

» Robyn's Photoshop
Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:03 am by Kiske

» Robyn's Photoshop
Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:35 am by Captain Zack

» This kid looks like shuunske
Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:34 am by Captain Zack

Current Topic:
Chapter 4 - Sweet Awakening - An Adventure Begins Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan Bgw6s6
"Shuunske has started a decline of sanity, of which the only cure is his true love - Yuki. After regaining consciousness, Shuunske has to face Hiiro. Miku, Niiki, and Esido return to Suzume with their battle prize. They have won round one. Who will win round two?"

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Zack

Captain Zack

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan   Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:41 am

Humiliation.

That was all there was in him. That was all there should be.

Shuunske walked quickly down the roads, avoiding all eye contact from the whispering and silenced shinigami that spoke. Shuunske's hand gripped a small packet of papers that he had received from the 1st division vice captain, never allowed to see the 1st division captain face to face. Damage reports, and other things of the like that he did not care about in the slightest at the moment.

He could not bear the burden to know or even think about what the people that whispered around him were talking about. Rumors had polluted the entire mission with false hoods, and bend lies that were made into commonly believed facts.

Shuunske walked faster towards his own room, unable to take it any longer.

Of course, he deserved this. He had gone into a mission as the most famous captain, and not been able to keep his vice captain alive. All of his men were killed off that he brought, and his 5th seat had been in a critical condition.

He was a failure.

He had been unprepared – captains should never be unprepared.

His fist clenched the papers harder and harder, crinkling them and causing crease lines on their white surfaces. Shuunske's bottom lip quivered.

The image of Kasumi's dead face struck at him fiercely, screaming that it was all his fault. That Shuunske had not been able to protect his own division. Screaming that he was not fit to be a captain, especially of the strongest division. That he was unfit to try any longer. Hiiro was endangered as long as he was the one trying to protect her. It was all true.

Shuunske bit down on his tongue trying to distract from the pain in his heart. It did not work.

Instead the image was merely replaced with that of Hiiro's charred body, laying in the snow, and smoldering as blood spurted out.

How had he let this all happen?He was stronger than that! He had made sure of that.

This was the second person he had failed to protect when they needed it.

Shuunske's foot slammed down on the wooden floor that lay just before the sliding rice paper door into his room. His hand collapsed on the frame, almost pushing through its weak support, and stopped.

Why was he unable to do this? Why was he unable to protect those that he loved and cared about. First Yuki, then Kasumi, and Hiiro.

...And himself...

He felt like screaming.

Pushing through the door, Shuunske slammed it behind him and threw the packet of papers, causing them to fall to the ground like snow.

Snow.

That reminded him.

“.. no... NOOO!!”

Jumping forward, Shuunske took out his zanpakutou, the sheath still attached and slammed it down on his desk. A large crack appeared in the desk before the entire surface of the top broke in two, collapsing on its own weight, falling to the ground.

A tear came down his cheek.

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan 1_567998860lcopy

It only kept reminding him. The tear that fell down Kasumi's cheek was the same. The same confused look that Shuunske had on his face – only they were confused for opposite reasons. Shuunske wished that he could have protected Kasumi, where as he had only wished to protect her through the whole ordeal.

“I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!”

Shuunske threw the zanpakutou as hard as he could at the opposite wall, causing it to slam to a stop in the opposite corner, knocking over a book shelf that fell on another stack of papers, causing them all to fly up in the air, and fall in slow motion around Shuunske.

What was he doing?

Bending his leg to take another step, Shuunske's eyes widened in shock. His leg went completely numb, still recovering from the fight he had endured, and he fell face first to the ground, landing without being able to break his fall.

More tears.

He was falling apart.

Why was he this weak?

… Why did he have no father to show him how to be strong...?

Shuunske's fingers clawed at the floor, not wanting to submit to his weak and small body. He hated it. He hated that it was weak even now.

He had been the strongest. He had been able to defeat all the others, even captains. He was the child that knew no fear, and knew no equal.

That was his title. Why then was he unable to live up to that?

“Shuunske-sama!?”

A voice sounded from outside the rice paper door.

Shuunske did not reply, only wiped his tears away, trying to regain his composure. He knew who it was that lingered just outside. Kumo Sode - 7th seat of the 11th division. An illusive man that had not been mentioned much, and remained unknown to many. That is exactly why Shuunske had chosen him.

Looking over, Shuunske pulled himself into a sitting position, cross legged, as the rice paper door opened. Kumo entered hurriedly, looking around, his hand on his zanpakutou.

“Shuunske-sama, sir, I came as fast as I could when I heard the noise, are you okay?”

Shuunske half haphazardly nodded, the tears gone from his face, but his eyes still red and wet as though he had just been crying. There was no hiding it.

Kumo acted as if he did not notice completely, wanting Shuunske to save his dignity.

“I did as you instructed, and saw Hiiro-san enter the 12th division barracks, despite your orders, sir!”

Shuunske bit down on his tongue again. Pain washed over him. His entire body went into pain, although not from the bite, but from the feeling of losing yet another war – with Muriasachi. His manipulative and eerie ways had grabbed hold of Hiiro more than he was able to pry her away.

“Th-thank you... Kumo-san... That'll be all.”

Kumo left quickly, closing the door behind him, and flashing off to attend to more business.

Shuunske had no time. He could not wait while Hiiro conversed with that man.

Another tear came.

It was all going down hill.

His sanity, his power, his ability to be.

It was all being drown in the darker reality that he was unable to do what he set out to do.

Shuunske's eyes remained red, and glassy as he stood, his leg having had regained its ability to move and listen to Shuunske's will.

Leaving his zanpakutou behind, Shuunske walked out of the barracks, his cloak flowing in the slight breeze behind him.

~~~~~MURIASACHI~~~~~

Small tinkering and tickins erupted from around the room all around the mad man as he stormed from one area to the next, clicking buttons, and setting off small explosions in different rooms by the flipping of a switch that lay among the thousands that were scattered in disarray around his office.

Others ran around in the same confusion of switches and buttons, dressed in white lab coats, unlike the formal dressing of Muriasachi's captains haori. Multiple things were being said all at once, and in what soudned like multiple languages, but were really different slang words for different chemical equations.

The entire area was a buzz with energy and over worked men and women.

“Don't touch me with that idiot” Muriasachi screamed at one of the women as she passed by, not holding anything, but understanding that when he gestured at her, he gestured at all of her, meaning to show her that she was a worthless woman that should not come close to him. The tired looking woman simply nodded as if to say that she was sorry, and went on her way, obviously serving Muriasachi for some great cause.

Multiple shinigami would keep calling things out like “System is stabilized,” or “Electromagnetic pulse is ready, fire when ready.” Muriasachi seemed to hear each one, and prance from one side of the room to the next, waiting impatiently as the shinigami kept calling out things, and different noises were being bent into the room with beeps and boops, and low and strenuous wallop sounds.

A small blue light lit up the room, and a low volume buzzing began to purr.

However it was interrupted.

A specific high pitched screech echoed through the room. Muriasachi's head bent to his right at an angle that that looked less human, and more like the movement of an owl.

“Perfect... perfect... perfect... bring her in you dumb bitch!” Muriasachi spoke as he grabbed a woman, pulling her towards him violently, causing her to drop a small vile of some green liquid on to the floor. It shattered, and the woman's face cringed. There was a moment of fear in the woman's eyes before Muriasachi threw her down onto the green liquid, and in the same moment threw his foot against her back, sending her sprawling into the mess.

She screamed.

“Now you'll see the consequences first hand for making a mess in front of me... woman...!”

The woman gasped for air, and spoke “But... Muriasachi-sama... you pulled me... I.. gaah!”

Muriasachi slammed his foot back down on her again, and with such force that the glass stuck into her side. She screamed.

“Don't talk back to me! I didn't ask for an excuse. I didn't ask for anything actually. But I will ask for something now... LEAVE! And bring the girl in when you do...”

Kicking her again, the woman practically fell to her feet, and scrambled off towards the door. That lay opposite Muriasachi. The glass still remained in her side.

“I want someone to clean this up. Now!”

A small male rushed over, he looked young but that he should have gray hair as well. Like he had never seen a bed in his life, and that he had always been stationed in front of some huge computer and been set in charge of computing some symbols all his life.

“See... the most pathetic specimens of the male culture are far superior. And what do we get? To clean up these worthless individuals messes?” Muriasachi spoke under his breath.

The door clinked to an open position, and Muriasachi once again bent his neck further than the normal human anatomy allowed, a flickering and twitching smile plastered on his face. The woman that had retrieved her placed her hand over the glass in her side, and hung onto Hiiro from behind, acting as she thought Muriasachi would want her to act to a woman.

But it was not so.

Muriasachi gave the woman a fierce look and took a step forward, spitting out the words as he spoke, “don't treat our guests like that! Get your hands off her! She is mine!”

The woman fell back into the shadows, nodding and scared.

More and more men began to move around, all carrying clip boards verifying everything was going as planned with whatever experiment they were undergoing.

Then, looking back at Hiiro, the fake smile still built onto his face, he spoke again.

“Ah. Hiiro-chan, nice of you too stop by? And against Shuunske's orders as well. That was probably hard to do. You must really want something... or... is it... this?” Muriasachi pulled out a small slip of paper that he was granted from the central 46, allowing him to use her, despite Shuunske's orders, if she was willing to go through with it as well.

“Psshhh. It couldn't have been this though... right?” His tone was completely a tease. But he had full intentions to make her want to go through with it. And if not, he would force her to sign.

“Now... Hiiro-chan. Back in the world of the living, I came across something... interesting.” Muriasachi's fingers twitched as he started to talk about the thing that was inside of Hiiro.

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan Orochimaru_by_shichinin_tai

“No... more than interesting. Thrilling. But you see. It is also more than thrilling. It is... hmm... it is... horrible! You see... nothing has been explained to you, and that is for the better, someone like you would not understand anyways. You were not even able to listen to Kasumi-dono's logic when he told you to stay away from the battlefield... so I will not even try with something more... complex.”

Muriasachi knew what he was doing. He had his manipulation down to a fine art.

“... Do you miss him Hiiro-chan?” The tone in his voice switched from teasing to a tone that sounded like he actually cared. It was mind boggling.
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan   Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:37 am

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan E2

Acrid air filled the dank and cold room. Leaving cold sweat upon her shaking body. There was darkness all around her. yet she could feel the smoothness of the white sheets beneath her bare knees. Feel the sink of the bed. And that she was straddled over a body, a body that shifted ever so slightly in the darkness.

“Hiiro…”

Hiiro sucked in a breath, her scarlet hair that spilled over her shoulders glowed suddenly like hot embers as a roaring fire from behind her surged upwards with impressive force. The light revealing the man she crouched over. Her hands latched upon his neck with an iron force and she could not tear herself away.

Kasumi’s face was battered but she could not mistake those eyes.
The eyes that looked to her own. That faded as she choked the life out of him. She felt it as he slipped away, and each time he fell farther and farther the fire that warmed her back grew larger and larger still, catching on drapes and the edge of the bed she laid on.

“Hiiro I’ll always love you.”

“Shut up!!” Hiiro screamed not wanting to hear his words. “Kasumi!” she watched his eyes slip closed and as his heart finally ceased beating before she tore her hands away. “KASUMI!!!!”

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan Normal_1146704560948-1

In a sharp gasp Hiiro snapped awake, shooting upwards. Her eyes wide, sheets kicked off, and she was covered in a frozen sweat. The same dream, the same horrible dream night after night. She only let out a horrid sob and fell back into her bed, curling into a tight ball and covering her face in her hands. If she wasn’t plagued by that terrible vision. She was haunted by the ghosted memories of the past. She saw him everywhere, in the shadows, In the corner of her eyes as she slowly recovered.

The doctors said she was simply in shock. The physical body going into an aftershock from being thrust into Bankai. They said she wasn’t well, her spirit was unbalanced but other than that.

They said she was perfectly fine. That she could continue her duties as a Shinigami within the week.

They were wrong.

She didn’t eat for the week of their arrival. She was moved to a more isolated room because the people in the rooms next to hers couldn’t stand to hear her screams at night. They said she had lost it. And you could see it in her eyes.

That spark she had, that will to live….It was gone. The Hiiro people saw now looked like a poor copy of what was. A shell, paler, she looked tired and didn’t seem to notice anything else around her.

Yet every time she closed her eyes she saw his face. Her chest hurt with each time her heart beat. It hurt so bad she wanted to rip her chest open and tear out the wound. Anything to make the pain stop. Because she couldn’t do anything until the pain stopped, She had to wait for the tears to run dry and the horrible cold numbness to wash over her.

Soon enough she felt her sobs quiet and she sat up. Eyes red and hollow. Her white undershirt for her Shihauksho was tied loosely and slipped off her shoulder. Without moving Hiiro let her eyes roll over the room, it was plain and bare. Save the few things she actually wanted to bring to this temporary space.
Though her old room was very nearly destroyed. Half of her bruises and cuts were from breaking objects in her own room.

Regretfully though Shuunske had found her before she could do any real damage to herself. The thought of upsetting Shuunske unsettled her. He was the one thing in her life right now that gave her any meaning at all. He was the first to be with her when she awoke and she couldn’t bear to see tears fall down his face. It broke her heart, more than it already was.

Shuunske….

The imaged of the previous days weighed heavily on her mind. Shuunske had been furious, and she understood why. But….

“God Kasumi I didn’t- No! please, God don’t die!”

She grabbed her head and leaned back against the wall looking up at the ceiling, tears streamed down her face but she was too tired to scream or cry anymore. She couldn’t only sit there and hope with every fiber of her being that it could have been her instead. What could she do? It was her fault all this happened, her fault he was dead and people knew it. She stopped going outside after awhile, the looks people gave her were unbearable so she learned to tune them out, living in a white soundless void of horrible regret. She just wanted to make things right.

And as much as she hated him. He told her he could right things. Make things better than they were. All he asked for in return was a little….cooperation.

She crossed her arms hugging herself tightly, the burns she had self inflicted while in Bankai had not yet healed, heating her body like rouge sunburn across her shoulders, arms and legs. But the pain was ebbing away, slowly and she lifted herself up off the bed. Like a creature under Hypnotism she moved in a sluggish manor. Dressing herself along slowly, making sure not to look in a mirror. She would only see her tired sullen face, eyes weary and dark, like they lost the bright spark she once have. Eyelids drooping, leaving her half lidded and exhausted looking. A look like she didn’t care about anything anymore. And that was true. She didn’t care what happened to her anymore.

Which is why she was going back to Muriasachi-san.

If he could make things right she wouldn’t care what happened to her. Not really anyway. Turning, Hiiro lifted Sunibunki off the ground and tied her loosely to her belt. There was no longer a day that went by she didn’t hold Sunibunki with her now. If only she had been a bit stronger, less afraid of her. maybe then she could have saved Kasumi. That was her thoughts, so keeping Sunibunki with her could only help. The old feeling of dread at the sight of her sharpened blade was long gone. Only a numb memory of the snow the blood and the pain remained.

Walking out of her room Hiiro walked down the halls, not acknowledging anyone as she passed. In fact they seemed to avoid her, slipping past her without a word. News of what had happened spread like wildfire. The 11th divisions only female returned scarred and grieving. Not many of the other Shinigami knew what to do. Not that they didn’t try. The first few days a few of the more kinder hearts tried to comfort Hiiro but she had taken on a startling coolness to people. Either not speaking at all or ending the conversation abruptly with one or two words. The only person she acknowledged anymore was Shuunske, the rest could be ghosts for all she knew.

Turning the corner Hiiro bumped into a strong figure, solid and warm.

“Hey watch-…” His voice trailed off as he noticed it was Hiiro. The scarlet woman didn’t even look up at him but merely stand there, waiting for him to move out of her way without even looked up at him to acknowledge his existence. Awkwardly he stepped out of the way and she continued by him without a word.

She became Hollow…not in the demon ghost way, though some were worried she could snap. She just moved through the area like a ghost. Some men got fed up with it and yelled at her. But there words always fell silent when she looked past them. As though she couldn’t hear them. As though she didn’t care.

No one really mattered to her. So she walked down the streets and alleys. Hearing there soft whispers about her. The stories she knew too well, the lies and the rumors that latched onto truth and grew like cancer into what most believed to be fact.

“I hear she was the one that kill him. Kasumi-kun. She’s like this because she knew she did wrong.”

“Hey shut up, This is Hiiro-chan your talking about lay off. Her and Kasumi-san were close! She’s grieving you stupid son of a bitch she watched him die.”

“Yeah whatever, I hear she in line for a promotion because of that mission. I say it worked out to well for me.”

“Well if you “say” anything else you’ve got a lot of people willing to bash your face in. We don’t tolerate rumors like that. Not when she’s still this broken up. So quiet up alright?”

More tears fell down her face and Hiiro started to run. She didn’t use flash step, whenever the thought came to her mind to just jump away from all of them, from the rumors, the judgment, the pity. The flash step always brought her back to her times with Kasumi. The times when it all felt like a dream, when it wasn’t real when everyone was safe and happy. So she just pushed herself faster. Running past he people trying to escape there judging eyes. She wasn’t deaf, she just tried to stop listen. But she couldn’t listen to their whispering words anymore. Everything reminded her of him. Of when they murmured and whispered about her being the one to Kill Kifuume. They were all just bastards, defending her because they felt guilty about talking about her in the first place.

She ran all the way to the 12th division barracks. Not stopping, until she saw the door. The burns across her body flared as though Sunibunki was pulling away, not wanting to be nearer to the place. Any other situation Hiiro would agree with her Zanbaktou. But not this time.

“I’m sorry Shuunske-sama.” She murmured under her breath. A woman was waiting for her at the front of the door. Her face contorted in pain she tried to hide. But past the broken smile Hiiro saw the agony in her eyes.

“Hiiro-san, please right this way.” She motioned to the door clutching her other hand tightly. Hiiro let her gaze follow the woman’s eyes as she walked past and let the woman take up the flank.

“Something is wrong Hiiro I don’t like this at all…” Sunibunki hissed, causing her burns to throb once more. But Hiiro shoved the Souls thoughts away. Since the Bankai Sunibunki had been linked to closely with her own thoughts and she didn’t like it.

The florescent light bathed her as she stepped inside and out of the sunlight. The air was cool and clammy. If the burns didn’t heat her skin she would have developed goose bumps in the sudden chill. And the air was putrid, smelling of various chemicals. Yes, Hiiro hated the 12th division.

“R-right this way please.” The woman pointed over Hiiro’s shoulder to the path she was to take. It was as though the woman was scared to be ahead of her. Whatever was hurting the poor woman was on her back, something she didn’t want Hiiro to see. Normally Hiiro would ask what was wrong, if she was ok or what had happened. But Hiiro didn’t really….care right now.

They walked through the dimly lit halls and the two came to a halt at the end of the doorway, gripping her sleeve she took a small breath and opened the door. Feeling the woman behind her flinch, a hand going to her back as though reaching towards Hiiro in an act of security . The woman’s small features flashed a look of fear and pain. Honey brown eyes flicked to the woman’s side to see shards of glass protruding from her waist.

As the door opened Hiiro stepped forward catching the eyes of the horrible man right away. How could she miss him? His neck twisted like and owls, eyes wide, a frosty smile upon his face that made her sick.

The woman behind her flinched as Muriasachi stepped forward quickly. Spitting sharp words to the woman making her release Hiiro as though touch had burned her, before retreating quickly into the shadows. Wincing, Hiiro looked back around her, the men that had taken a few steps toward her, looking over various objects and checking things off. One glanced to her but it seemed Muriasachi wanted her to himself.

Hiiro shuddered slightly and looked back at him her eyes cold and hollow.

“Ah. Hiiro-chan, nice of you too stop by? And against Shuunske's orders as well. That was probably hard to do. You must really want something... or... is it... this?”

He held up a slip of paper. Though she hadn’t looked upon it. Her eyes were cast down and she hugged her sides again. That’s right, she had gone against Shuunske’s orders. The truth formed a rock that weighed in her stomach making her feel a little sick. But Muriasachi was playing with her, like a cat played with a mouse before it finished it off. He toyed with her for something he wanted.

He toyed with her like he toyed with Kasumi….

“Now... Hiiro-chan. Back in the world of the living, I came across something... interesting.”

Her eyes widened slightly and she looked back towards him, her lips pressed against each other, not uttering a sound. As though she was mute and allowed him to continue.

“No... more than interesting. Thrilling. But you see. It is also more than thrilling. It is... hmm... it is... horrible! You see... nothing has been explained to you, and that is for the better, someone like you would not understand anyways. You were not even able to listen to Kasumi-dono's logic when he told you to stay away from the battlefield... so I will not even try with something more... complex.”

Her eyes widened, in a mixture of anger and surprise. How had he known what Kasumi told her that night? Was he listening in? Watching them? Anger flared in her belly, seething untamed rage that had hardly been suppressed from the previous battle. Why was she here? What could he offer her that would make her sign that paper? She didn’t have to sit here, taking this playful abuse.

“... Do you miss him Hiiro-chan?”

Hiiro froze. He could see the regret apparent in her eyes. Her messy hair, hollow eyes and slightly quivering body. Of course she missed him. How could he ask such a stupid question?

“Yes.” She choked out quickly. Her voice was soft, weak from minimal use over the past few weeks, yet strained from the screams and cries. Tears threatened to push past the shattered girls eyes. But she wouldn’t let herself cry. No…

Not around him.

But she wanted to cry. Break down at such a stupid question. She missed him so much she wanted to scream. How could she tell such a cold man what it feels to lose someone like this? But he was caring, his voice was soft and she wanted to fall into him. She wanted everything to be better.

Finally Hiiro looked up, into his eyes. “You said before…if I signed that paper, and let you do what you wanted….You could fix things.” She murmured softly shrugging and looking towards the far edge of the room. The clammy air was giving her chills. It was the air…..just the air.

“I want to know….What can you possibly do to fix anything.” She replied coldly, her voice like ice. And she let her tired eyes slip shut. What could he do? This man she loathed so terribly.

“How can I trust you…” She whispered, letting her bangs fall in front of her eyes shielding her gaze from his own, shifting her weight on her feet. Sunibunki urged her to leave. Her wounds throbbing with distaste.
Back to top Go down
Captain Zack

Captain Zack

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan   Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:46 am

The lights continued to change upon different settings as they were activated by numerous buttons. The men and women that had been calling out commands and checks now did so in a much more quiet voice, as though they feared what Muriasachi would do if they some how disturbed his conversation with the girl.

...Hiiro...

Muriasachi's face clicked into a normal position, his swift change in personalities able to confused even the brightest and best at reading and understanding people. Not even Shuunske was able to keep up with Muriasachi and reason with him on a fundamental level. He was far too complex.

Bending his neck out of contortion, Muriasachi snapped his fingers. A wicked smile of malicious happiness came upon his face. Others knew that smile meant that someone was falling into his mental trap. But many people did not even make the connection – because they were falling into the trap.

“Ahhhhh. That is the right question, my observant Hiiro-san!” A small and short giggle burst from his thin and slightly discolored lips. “What can I do? What can I do? Heh heh! I can do what you want most Hiiro-san! Tell me... what is it that you want most right now? Do you want your body restored back to its normal condition so that you may be admitted back into the line of duty, and once again be able to help Shuunske-sama, and individual who seems to suffer as you do...? Do you wish to just forget it all, as though it never happened – erase this utter numbness I am sure you are feeling?”

Muriasachi took a pause. A moment of complete stillness was issued all over the base. His bate was about to be set. The small smile slivered farther across his face. His hand moved like a skeletal snake.

“... Or do you just want to see him again, Hiiro-san?”

Muriasachi let the moment hit her before he held out the paper, a small slip with at least two pages worth of writing on it in all fine print.

“All you have to do... is sign.” he spoke very slowly, allowing himself to appear as though he were not pushing it on her in a rush, which was the opposite. His mental games had only just began. He knew her more than she thought. And he knew what she would do in any situation. That was why he knew that he was already going to get her for his own little... toy.

He shook the paper in front of her face.

“Oh wait... how rude of me...”

He whipped the paper back from her face, acting as though he had done her some public diservice.

“How crude of me to offer such a thing without showing you that it works!”

Muriasachi bowed his head slowly.

“It would appear that you have arrived in prime time... my dear. Observe.”

The men and women calling out their checks once again resumed in full volume, but only for about five more seconds.

“Go.” Muriasachi commanded, acting as though he were a god among men.

They did as he said. The members of the 12th division began to clink levers.

“Watch this Hiiro-chan.”

A much lower and enchanting laugh came from his lips.

A small buzzing and electronic noise came from all corners of the room. A large object that was covered by mettle and wires began to glow blue. It was much taller than Muriasachi or Hiiro, despite Muriasachi's lanky and stretched out appearance.

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan Wklbls

“All systems clear.”

“Transfer of DNA complete.”

“Transfer of reiatsu complete.”

“Stabilizing.”

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan J9m449

The whir or noise grew to a loud point and then in an instant, it stopped, and the blue glow in the dark light shut off. Utter silence. No noise from electronic noise. No one pushed another button. Muriasachi remained completely still.

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan 24lsjsz

He heard foot steps from behind him. They sounded wet.

Slowly beginning to turn, Muriasachi stepped in the opposite direction, towards the footsteps. As he walked he grabbed a black thin blanket. Disappearing behind the large machine for a second, the room became unsettled.

But he returned.

Only... he was not alone.

Beside him, wrapped in the black blanket that hardly reached down to her mid thighs, looking cold and confused – dazed and as if she did not know where she was – was Jun. Her hair was not up in the complicated way she did it, and instead hung around her confused face, soaked and slimy looking. A film of more solid water, like filth clung to her, making her look almost green.

Muriasachi had his arms wrapped around her. It was less of a caring wrap, and more of a manipulation that he had played many times before, giving Jun a sense of security and love from Muriasachi that later was harvested as complete loyalty. It was a sick mind game. Perhaps one of the more sick that he played, causing someone to love him no matter the abuse he put them through later. He put others through this treatment. Being protective and nice to them for a while in order to breed completely loyal subjects that would bow to his every wish if it meant making him happy.

“Do you see this Hiiro-san?”

~~~~ SHUUNSKE~~~~

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan Rolling-star-hitsugaya-1

Blazing through the street, Shuunske moved in complete grace, gliding over the coarse street, his haori flowing behind in a majestic way. His fists were clenched in fists.

Why would Hiiro fall into such an obvious trickery? Was Muriasachi really able to trap her as well in his mental illusion. A false security net that allowed him to do whatever he wanted to his subjects and have them still crawl back to him for safety. Was Hiiro really able to bring herself to doing that?

Shuunske thought that her of all people would not trust Muriasachi's cruel and spitting offers – as she had experienced first hand what that had done to Kasumi.

No.

He would not think about it. Anything he though about ended up bending itself into remembrance.

He would not go through it all again.

As he glided by people, they all fell silent. Whispers haunted the air. Shuunske was unable to hear them. Nor did he want to hear them. He was afraid of what the others thought. He did not want anyone to think that he was responsible for the death of his teammates – because he was. Not in the way of being accused of killing them – Hiiro had to shoulder that judgment. Not him. But because he was in charge. He was the strongest member of the Souls Society there, and was being trusted with everyone's lives. Muriasachi had been able to keep his entire unit, and was able to file a report saying that Jun had, in all reality, not died. Shuunske knew why. To him, that death was not important. He could replace her with... another her. Each one the same as the previous... but different.

Kasumi had respected Jun for being able to put up with Muriasachi and respect her, and still find reason to serve him as her captain as any shinigami should. But Shuunske had lost respect for her because of that same reason. The inability to see through such obvious abuse and trickery. It made him sick. Pity her.

Shuunske's foot fell against 12th division ground, like a feline ready to stalk a distant bird.

Three men stepped out from behind the gate.

“Shuunske-sama,” they bowed their head slightly before looking back up and finishing “Muriasachi-san has ordered us not to allow admittance to anyone at this time due to...”

Shuunske interrupted the man in the middle of speaking by simply pushing through. One of them grabbed his arm in attempt to stop him. Another gave the grabbing man a look of shock that he would try and stop such a captain. The last man remained neutral, saying “Please Shuunske-sama, Muriasachi has ordered...”

Shuunske turned his head quickly and stared the man in the eyes, releasing his spiritual energy in a short burst, not wanting to over do anything. All three of the men fell back.

“Muriasachi has no ground, not even in his own barracks to make such an order when he is tampering with members of my 11th division... much less my friends. Tell him that when he asks why you let him through!”

Shuunske did not look back once, and continued walking until he reached the large door. It was shut, but this did not keep him at bay. Shuunske turned the handle and threw the door open, with a force that he had not even intended, causing the doors to swing hard into the walls.

Shuunske marched into the main room, taking in everything.

His bright blue eyes glared into the blur of colors and cords.

As soon as Muriasachi saw him, his face looked shocked, as if he was not expecting him.

Shuunske's mind was on one thing, and one thing only – getting Hiiro out of the 12th division barracks, and fast.

“Oh... Shuunske-sama. How nice of you to drop by. I was in the middle of something... if you require assistance, I will be with you in a second.” Muriasachi looked to one of the larger males in the room, previously sitting at a computer. “Please escort him out...”

Shuunske stood firmly in place.

“I am taking Hiiro-chan back Muriasachi, and I don't care what kind of...”

Muriasachi almost skipped in the pleasure of the game he was playing with them all.

“Shuunske-sama... I am not keeping Hiiro here. And I did not summon her either. She came by her own accord.” A sick and twisted smile rose on his pale and snake like face.

Shuunske's eyes widened, and he looked like he was going to be sick. Looking from Hiiro and then back again to Muriasachi, and repeating this a few times, he saw that it was the truth. The look in Hiiro's eyes screamed for some way to make things right again.

“I-is... this true... Hiiro-chan?”
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan   Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:42 am

When was it? Muriasachi had been Human?
Hiiro watched him slip around the room with a wide sick smile stretched over his face and hollow sharp intelligent eyes that differed so greatly from her own. While her eyes were broken with Grief, his were sharp and empty.
They held no love, or compassion, or sympathy in them. Yet she saw they were not his real eyes. Like a feeling, the image of what he used to be on the edge of her mind, lingering as a shadow and long faded with time. Back when his smile was genuine, and his words true.

But now his eyes were stone, and his words venom that soaked into her mind.
Numbing the pain?
Forgetting about him completely like a slab wiped clean.
She didn’t think that could be possible. So Hiiro didn’t move, choosing not to react to his playful words.

Then, from his lips slipped the words that crippled her mind and made the floor seem shaky. The final blow that she needed to nearly push her reason off the edge and send her reeling into whatever Muriasachi wanted.

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan Butterfly-1

Bring him back?
Her eyes clouded with pain, unable to grasp that idea, and to scared that if she believed in such a miracle the false hope could send her reeling back into a worse state.
But Muriasachi smiled, OH how he knew so much more than she.

Hiiro seemed like such a helpless child right now.

A child that lost their way.

“How can that be possible.”
She murmured a hoarse whisper. Her body had slipped into a chill, causing her arms to wrap around her sides, trying to conserve heat. Around her the pale figure move about like a cat stalking its prey and the papers were thrust into her face making her drawback to read the inked letters legibly.

“Y-you can bring Him back? But… that’s Impossible we’re…” Before reason had fully formed a sentence across her lips her emotions once more took an iron clamp upon her voice and she fell silent, watching him with widened eyes that yearned for comfort and closure.

Could he do it?
Bring Kasumi back from the grave and put all of this behind them?
How could that ever be true?

”It’s not true at all!
This man spews nothing but lies! If you have any sense left in this stupid body of yours you would see that!”

“How…” She croaked in silence as Muriasachi turned whipping around and motioning to the scientists at the corner of the room.
A large device looking like a massive cylinder became to hum and shimmer with a eerie blue light, causing Hiiro to wince and shield her eyes with a hand.

DNA Transfer?
What was he doing?
As the loud sounds of electricity and the angry hiss of steam came to a sudden stop, dipping the room in a silence, leaving Hiiro breathless as she watched intently. Curious to what was happening, and half tempted to run on the spot.

Though nothing could have prepared her for the image of the tiny woman to stagger from the blue vessel.
Covered in a thin green film that made her look as though she had fallen into a swamp. Her hair was slick and fell against her face. But Hiiro knew the woman.
She had tried so hard to befriend her. She trained with her, and developed a bond that Hiiro couldn’t easily over look.

With limited Female friends, Hiiro felt close to the cold woman.
Though Jun was a bit strange Hiiro cared about the delicate Shinigami who doted so selflessly over the snake who now wrapped his arms around her body the way a distant relative will hug their kin.

“Jun-chan…”

Hiiro took a step forward propelled by emotion until she stood close to the shivering girl. The slime that clung to her pale flesh had a faint odor, like watered down vinegar and strawberry milk.
Reaching out she touched her skin. It was cold but most defiantly alive.

This wasn’t possible….

Hiiro read the reports herself.
Jun had been blown into pieces scattered over a 2 kilometer radius. The explosion was her final attack that also took the lives of the Shinigami she fought. She sacrificed herself to destroy them and he just…
brought her back?

“Jun-chan?”
Hiiro asked softly, catching the eyes of the girl.
The same eyes, they were cold, and looked straight through Hiiro. As though she had never seen her before in her life, clinging to Muriasachi like a affection blinded lover.
Yet there was no recognition in her eyes. Hiiro’s heart sank and she backed away from Jun, feeling sick.

No, no no this wasn’t Jun. Jun was cold, emotionless but she always knew Hiiro when she saw Hiiro.
Either in a false smile that seemed mildly painful in greeting ,or the cold stare that told Hiiro she still had a long way to go.

This was not Jun, but a copy.
A Shell that looks like her in every aspect but not her.

Hiiro backed away from them now. “H-how can y-“ Her voice fell silent again and she covered her mouth with a shaking hand, taking a breath to compose her thoughts as best she could, to hold her emotions.
“That’s…not her. What did you do? “

Her thoughts were interrupted by a flutter of energy.
Freezing like a child who was caught stealing cookies Hiiro closed her eyes as Shuunske’s Reitasu ebbed into the room.
He was here.
Hugging her sides once more she backed away from the entrance a few steps and tried to become small as possible as Shuunske stormed into the room.
His eyes wide with anger, teeth clenched and his Reitasu flaring dangerously, showing that he was not here on a light matter.

“I am taking Hiiro-chan back Muriasachi, and I don't care what kind of...”

Oh no….

Hiiro felt guilt cut into her chest and she hugged her sides tighter wanting to disappear. Shunnske who had faith in her, who believed her to be better, Shuunske who thought she was taken to this place.
The idea of how disappointed he should be made her feel sick. Flinching at Muriasachi’s smooth words that betrayed to much truth.

Words that she could hear cut into Shuunske’s mind.
She didn’t need to see the color leave his face, for the anger to drain from his cheeks leaving only confusion and sadness.
After silence, she felt his eyes on her. His words sounded so soft and hurt, making her heart ache.

”i-is..this true… Hiiro-chan?”

“I’m sorry Shuunske-sama.” She choked shaking her head.
“I’m so sorry…I had to.” She looked to him, eyes red on the brink of a new wave of tears.

“He told me he could make things right.”
She looked up to him, passed the curtain of scarlet bangs that fell in front of her eyes.

“He says he can bring him back, How could I say no?”
she wasn’t contradicting him, or defending herself. But she asked him a question. As though Shuunske should give her a better answer.
A reason that would justify not coming here. She wanted a reason; she wanted somebody to fix things, to make them right. And she didn’t care who, even if it was Muriasachi who had the solution.

“All I have to do is sign the paper and you’ll bring him back?”
Her stricken eyes looked to Muriasachi now, searching for an answer. “I-i’ll be able to see him again and everything….everything can go back to the way it was.” She closed her eyes, calmed by the image of having him returned to her.
All while tuning out the screaming that echoed through her mind as Sunibunki rattled the bars of her mental cadge.

“I’m sorry Shuunske-sama….i came here on my own, I just…” Her voice cracked and faded away.

“I can’t, handle it anymore. I can’t…I can’t do it. I have to make things right….it’s my fault this happened. I should…. be the person to fix it….”

.....I can fix it....

Back to top Go down
Captain Zack

Captain Zack

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan   Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Shuunske watched in horror. He had known about Muriasachi's cruel and heartless ways, but he had always been able to dismiss it as exaggeration. Nothing more than a rumor. Or a common belief. That there was secretly more to him than a passive aggressive maniac that toyed with human lives as though they were not such. But he was unable to think this way at the moment.

He was experiencing just how wrong he was first hand.

The buzzing started to get louder and louder before he realized what it was that Muriasachi was doing. Once he put two and two together – that he was proving that he could indeed bring someone back from the dead, and that he had been able to do so with Jun in the past, it was clear what he was doing now. Trying to completely stun Hiiro into submission by forcing his manipulation upon her. He truly was heartless – to try and tamper with a young girl's emotions while she lay dormant in this state of post shock.

Or rather... still in shock...

Looking to his left, he saw multiple members of the division, not paying more attention than needed to the occurrence of what was happening than needed to know that it was all going well according to the statistics. It was incredible. Incredibly sad.

These shinigami had been forced into such obedience that they were no longer even aware of what it was that they were doing. They were tampering with the dead. Someone that had once been someone's baby. Someone that once was real. Now just a shell.

Shuunske stepped back and gasped, putting his hand over his mouth.

The buzzing became more and more intense until he started to feel nauseous. Sick. How was this allowed? How had he been able to justify his use of the machine that he was using. How had he been able to justify the use of this kind of science. Extreme biology. The study great enough to bring someone back from the dead.

Shuunske felt stupid. He knew nothing about this. He could not argue with anything Muriasachi said. He was in his battle field.

Shuunske's eyes widened.

He had set it all up.

This had all been part of Muriasachi's plan.

It was obvious that he knew that Shuunske was coming, as he had already had guards stationed outside, buying him just enough needed time to amp up the machine and make all the last adjustments before he came in order to save Hiiro from this blunt manipulation, knowing that if Hiiro and Shuunske were able to see him at his work, all of Shuunske's arguments about him being false and scum would be rendered useless. This was living proof that he was able to adjust the limit of life itself. Shuunske did not know how to begin to argue with that. He would not know where to begin.

Because of this stupidity, he would not be able to sway Hiiro into staying by his side and instead, leaving to follow in the false happiness. Furthermore, he had already made plans in order to allow the decision to be all up to Hiiro, and when she was in such a fragile mind frame, all she could think about was getting Kasumi back – eliminating the small amount of reason that Shuunske would be able to deploy.

Shuunske bit his lip. Had he really lost this easily? There was nothing for him to do?

He saw where all his flaws had been made. Or rather, where all of Muriasachi's victories had been scored. Shameful!

What had interested him about her so intensely? What had he seen? What happened between those two back in the world of the living?

Something important that he knew nothing about.

The blue light spun around the room until, in an instant, the entire machine powered down and the blue light faded, replaced by the many smaller blinking lights of the room, scattered about in various corners. A long and feminine shadow was cast along the harsh floor.

He knew it.

For once, he hated being right.

Wet steps followed until he saw it.

No. Not it. Her.

Jun.

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan Div12uk1

Shuunske's eyes twitched slightly, noticing that the woman was completely naked. He quickly looked away and then back at Muriasachi, his eyes, without trying, falling back on the woman – his mind void of sexual feeling and instead filled with awe and amazement.

A slight green color was covering her, only hardly noticeable. Her hair was soaked and lay flat on her head. She looked curious and scared. But she looked like this was not her first time.

Was this Jun's first time? No. Probably not.

Poor girl.

Shuunske took a step forward, placing his foot firmly on the ground before Muriasachi made his move.

Another point for Muriasachi.

The twisted captain grabbed a small blanket and covered the naked girl in it, acting as though he cared about her, giving the illusion of safety to Hiiro when there was none there at all.

No!

Shuunske stood without anything to say. He was unable to speak.

Looking at Hiiro, he saw that it had all set in perfectly. She was captivated. Regardless of how she felt about what she had just seen, she had just seen proof that her Kasumi could brought back to life. And it didn't matter of it was nothing but a shell. As long as he was back.

Shuunske wanted to attack, but he knew that he was hardly in any position to attack Muriasachi. He had taken the least damage in the human world. Furthermore, Shuunske did not have a zanpakutou, and with his energy damage and total drainage, he was unable to use kido spells without further injuring himself greatly. And lastly, he knew that he could not just attack another captain without it being taken up with Central 46, which often meant imprisonment or him being taken out of the captain's position.

Looking at Muriasachi with flames in his eyes as he trapped Hiiro in mental games, Shuunske saw that Muriasachi knew exactly how Shuunske was feeling. Not from personal experience by any means, but by carefully calculated genius.

Shuunske had lost this round. But he was not going down without a fight!

“He told me he could make things right.”

Hiiro spoke in the same tone as she had spoke in for days, but there was something more. It was like she was beginning to see the slightest amount of happiness. No. Not happiness.

Hope.

Something much more powerful.

Muriasachi was using his most genius in order to over throw and off set Shuunske. And Shuunske had nothing to say. Why? Why was he unable to speak. Stupidity.

“Hiiro-chan...please hear me out.” Shuunske spoke in desperation, trying his hardest to think of reason enough for her to stay. But there was nothing he could say. He could not try and tell her that it was a scam, and that he could not actually fulfill his promise... there was proof in front of him.

“Just think about th-”

Hiiro cut him off, as if she did not even hear him speaking in the slightest, saying:

“he says he can bring him back, how could I say no?”

Shuunske's knees felt weak. There was nothing he could say to her. He did not even know if he was doing the right thing for her.

No. He was.

Regardless of how she felt about this matter, Shuunske was thinking about her. No one else. Not Kasumi. But her. She was what he had now.

“Hiiro-chan! Please don't let Muriasachi sway you. Please make your choice after you remember... after you remember...” Shuunske found his words starting to be flared with anger. Not at Hiiro. At the situation. And at Muriasachi. So he stopped speaking to Hiiro and faced Muriasachi, his fake smile still wrapped on his face, like old leather on the steering wheel of the car.

“... You can't have your way with her as well Muriasachi-dono! You cannot take her under the same wing that you took Kasumi before the battle! You are the one that infected him with the will to go fight even though we all knew what the out come of that would be! You... you killed him!”

Shuunske grew even more angry as he watched how his words affected the tall and slender man. His smile grew longer and longer and more and more unnatural. It was gross, and all that Shuunske said was only part of his heavily calculated plan.

“No! Shuunske-boy, that is not exactly as I recall it. If you want to blame me for this action, you have the wrong culprit. If you would be so kind as to remember that I only allowed him to fulfill his full potential. He wanted to fight... he wanted to protect Hiiro-chan... even if it meant that he died in the fight. He could not just stand idly by and wait for the news that she had died... We both knew how he felt about-”

“STOP!” Shuunske screamed. He saw it all now. That was his trump card. As soon as he brought up that Kasumi had feelings for her too, she would be reminded of the actual death, and need him. There would be no turning back. She had heard him announce his love to her before he died... Shuunske had heard everything he had said, not through hearing him say it, but while Hiiro had been asleep she had repeated everything he had said, as if she was reading off a script, and, more disturbingly, as if she was the one being run through with a molten sword.

Shuunske looked down.

“Oh? What is it Shuunske-boy? Trying to hold back the truth from Hiiro-chan?”

“No... Muriasachi-dono. I see what you are doing. And I will not allow it.”

Shuunske's face grew so hot that for a second he considered throwing himself into full battle with this twisted man. But that would only work in his advantage.

A long pause ensued between everyone in the room. Both Shuunske and Muriasachi looked straight at Hiiro, waiting for her to speak, it being obvious to both that her words would be spoken in need of Kasumi, and thus in need of Muriasachi.

Shuunske ground his foot into the ground with every word as Hiiro did finally begin to speak, saying:

“I'm sorry Shuunske-sama... I came here on my own... I just...”

Shuunske said nothing and waited for her to finish.

“I can't handle it anymore,” she continued, “I can't... I can't do it. I have to make things right. It's my fault this happened... I should... be the person to fix it.”

Shuunske resisted tears. He knew exactly what she was feeling. He knew everything as though he was going through it. He saw her pain and remembered her own. He remembered the first time he lost her... Yuki...

“Hiiro-chan... I know how you feel. I have lost someone dear to me as well. And I know what the hardest thing to deal with is after you lose that person. It is being alone. Feeling like you have no one anymore. Like your life is going to have to change completely in order to fill the gap that is left by that person. I know that. And that feeling quickly turns to fear. Not of anything specific... but of everything.”

Shuunske took a deep breath.

“Hiiro-chan... I know why you are here. I know all the reasoning that is running through your head. I know the feelings. But I also know something that you might not know yet...”

Shuunske took another step forward and reached forward, grabbing her cold and limp hand that lay at her side, holding it firmly.

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan Holdin10

“... I know that you are not alone. You have me. You always have me. Someone that cares about you and loves you for you. I don't want to see you hurt yourself for something that you don't know the outcome off. I don't want to see you hurt yourself. And Hiiro-chan... neither would Kasumi-san. Am I right? He would not want you to get hurt searching for answers. And I am right here. You can count on me to always be the one right here. It seems like to much to cope with right now... but I can help. I know I can Hiiro-chan.”

Shuunske grabbed the same hand with his other hand, moving even closer to the deadened girl, her eyes almost as glazed over as Jun's.

“Hey... do you hear me? You are not alone. I am here...”

Shuunske gave Hiiro one squeeze before he let his grip on her hand fall loose, just barely hanging on. His small hands were almost just the size of hers, nothing like Kasumi's hands that reached far over hers when placed against Hiiro's for measurement.

Why would anyone believe him? He was a shrimp next to Kasumi. Nothing but a kid. But he knew Hiiro. And knew that he could help.

A damp pink flooded over his cheeks.

“And Hiiro-chan, this is not your fault. Do you hear me? This is not your fault. And seeing him again will not change anything. Signing that paper will not change anything.”

Shuunske took the deepest breath.

“But I said I understood what you are feeling right now... and I do... so I will not hold anything against you if you proceed to sign that paper. I would have, Hiiro-chan. I do understand. I just ask that you hear me... please...”

Shuunske dropped his hands away from her's.

Her fate was left in her hands now. He had done all he could.
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan   Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:34 am

I don’t know what to do….

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan Alone_by_babejoe13-1-1

Hiiro felt cold and still save a horrible weight in her stomach.
How could she leave him?How could she abandon Kasumi, she promised she would try anything she could to help him. to save him and she took his life with her own blade.

She had to say she was sorry, she loved him.
All the things she wanted to say and never could, if only. If she was just stronger, or listened to him. or focused. Or if she didn’t go at all and stayed. If she didn’t let Muriasachi give him that injection, or let him cut his hair.
If he was the one to stay.

” I know that we can pull through this together.”

He told her that once, one day when she was terrified.
Scared to see him hurt again the memory seemed so far away now.
Like it was all just a dream. She sunk into the memory, blurring the line between memory and reality.
Wanting to curl up in the dark void of existence and just float

“Hiiro-chan... I know why you are here.
I know all the reasoning that is running through your head. I know the feelings. But I also know something that you might not know yet...”

”We have each other, and... “

“you are not alone. You have me. You always have me”

”and Shuunske-sama. There is no way that he would let us get hurt Hiiro-chan. Do you hear me...?”

“….Hey... do you hear me? You are not alone. I am here...”

....oh my god....

Hiiro’s eyes opened with a small gasp and she looked down to their hands intertwined. He gave her hand a tight squeeze and tears fell down her cheeks wetting them. She held onto her captains hand tightly. For the first time not ever wanting to let go.

“Yes…I hear you.” She replied, her voice soft.
But to which voice she was replying to.
Not even she knew.

Kasumi had such faith in Shuunske. From the moment she saw the two together, with Shuunske the captain and Kasumi the vice. Kasumi had the utmost respect and adoration for the man that now clutched her hand, and said he would never leave her side.

She grew quiet now, her eyes cast downwards and she listened to Shuunske’s words of comfort silently.

He spoke how it wasn’t her fault. There was nothing she could have done. It was not under her power and nothing could change that. Was that true? Even though it was her blade that took his life and her hands that were covered in blood. It still wasn't her fault?

Even if she was the one to hear his last breath?

With each word Shuunske spoke Hiiro felt an inward fire grow.

Only once Shuunske fell silent, did Hiiro speak again.

Once their hands had fallen apart she let her hand fall limply to her side, the feeling and warmth of his palm still lingered on her own.

lifting her head she didn’t look at Shuunske. But her eyes had fallen upon Muriasachi. Hurt and numb her eyes were,The same eyes that were so distant from the eyes they had once knew. The one with eyes that soaked up every image, and devoted it to memory. Her lips that used to smile and laugh now in a small frown.

Her words that were cold.

“Shuunske-sama. Would you please leave the room…”

Hiiro closed her eyes as though trying to fight the tears again.

“Please.” She whispered looking to him. “ I have to do this.” She looked over to Him sideways and then back to Muriasachi reaching her hand out for the Document that would sign her soul to the man, who clutched the frightened woman softly.

Yuki, Kasumi, Kifuume, Jun….. we’ve all lost People we cared about.

Kifuume used to once tell her, when things were down and she felt hopeless.
”Shit happens, It’s how you clean yourself up that matters.

Muriasachi was willing to help her fix things, for the sake of her body.
The man who profited on the sick, the dead and the crazy, and offered her a chance at redemption, if only she would sign the little slip of paper.
He would bring back the man who loved her so greatly, and give them a second chance at anything they wanted.

But this was Muriasachi, the man who turned her stomach, who hit her, who cut Kasumi’s hair and injected him with a liquid that lead to his demise.

It wasn’t her fault, Shuunske was right it was never her fault. Never just her fault.

Muriasachi shared the blame, he shared the blame for his death.
It was his fault.
His fault her Kasumi was dead. Shuunske’s Kasumi was dead. It was his fault Jun-chan was dead.
Not the feeble copy that stood before her looking confused and scared.

She had to do this, she had to make things right. “Shuunske-san….” She repeated his name more casually this time. “Please, please leave me now.” She didn’t look to him. Averting her gaze and casting it towards the ground. Then back to Muriasachi and, wrapping her arms around her chest and hugged her arms softly she took a step towards him. Taking a small swallow and closing her eyes.

Shuunske wouldn’t matter.

Nobody else would matter…

…I love you H-hiiro…I always have.

And I love you, since you first asked me my name. Since you touched my hand and since you first smiled at me. I’ll always love you…that’s why I have to do this.
Back to top Go down
Captain Zack

Captain Zack

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan   Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:00 pm

The room grew more and more tense. The silence was the sticky silence in which you could almost hear someone else thinking desperately. Muriasachi looked as though he was as desperate as Shuunske, his mind muddled up now, unlike the clean and venomous smile he had put out for all to see before.

He had not prepared for Shuunske to reveal his true feelings on the matter. He had not planned on Shuunske getting sentimental. Shuunske had not planned on it either. It was the last thing that he had planned.

But most of all, Muriasachi nor Shuunske had planned on the small silver haired boy to bring up Yuki.

Shuunske's hand fell back to his waist, feeling cramped as soon as it left Hiiro's hand.

The silence did not let up for quite a while. Muriasachi moved his feet without knowing what else to do. His hold on the small slip of paper remained firm, trying to appear strong in this situation. Shuunske did not know for sure what was going, but the pause was nothing but reassuring, considering she was just about to sign the paper without a doubt. This meant that she was at least thinking about what he had said.

That being said, the scheming Muriasachi had played his cards very well. Better than Shuunske thought he would be able to play his own. Because of this, when Hiiro at last spoke, it came as a bitter surprise to Shuunske.

“Shuunske-sama, would you please leave the room...”

Shuunske's eyes bulged.

Impossible.

She had really picked Muriasachi over himself, even after the obvious knowledge that Muriasachi had been one of the key factors in Kasumi dying.

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan Dgtco6

Shuunske could not speak, or move. Only observe.

Hiiro's voice sounded as hollow as ever. Or possibly even more than it had sounded only five minutes ago. She was fighting multiple people within herself. And she chose the easy path. She chose the path that offered her Kasumi back.

Shuunske's fist crumpled into a fist while his head bowed. The small boys mouth hung open, as if he had been stabbed in the back. Emotional pain had rushed over him. Completely soaking him in self doubt once more.

Why was Hiiro so different?

Why did Shuunske not know how to get to her in a way that she would listen. How come he was unable to sway her like Muriasachi was. Why was that how this went?

Looking back up as he heard the other captain move, Shuunske watched as Muriasachi glided over as graceful as a vulture about to pick on its next pray, and wrapped his arm around the red headed girl, pulling her ever so slightly as if he was trying to get her to sign before she changed her mind.

In turn, Hiiro grabbed for the piece of paper, and Muriasachi smiled, giving it too her in a second.

“Yes, that is right, Hiiro-san. You are making the right choice. Don't let Shuunske-dono hold you back from what you need. He does not know. But I understand.”

The statement made Shuunske's blood boil. And the fact that Hiiro was able to sit and listen to it made him feel sick. What was Muriasachi doing to this girl. Shuunske did not even know, and it would have to stay like that for all he knew.

When Muriasachi had talked to Shuunske about possible surgery on Hiiro, he had offered “his best treatment,” and Shuunske had refused even when Muriasachi threatened that that was the only time he would offer such light and patient friendly surgery as it was a pain to him as well.

Because he went behind Shuunske's back and allowed himself the ability to do what he wanted with Hiiro, the conditions were probably twice as bad, of not worse.

What was he going to do to her? What had sparked his sudden interest in the girl. Certainly not the bankai. It was rare for a seated officer to unleash a bankai, and even more rare for a 5th seat straight from the academy, however things like that happened. It was not enough to send Muriasachi into a flurry. Especially since he had hated her so intensely before. To think of what it might be scared Muriasachi. Had he found a new perfect body part that he wanted for himself? No. Not even that would get him this hyped.

It had to be something more important to him than even that. More important than a section of perfection for his body. It had to be something that he had learned earlier and not been able to complete studying.

Shuunske bit his lip.

He had no idea where to begin looking for answers.

As Muriasachi tightened his grip on Hiiro, she spoke, breaking the silence again.

“Please... please, please leave me now.”

Muriasachi's smile grew longer and longer.

Shuunske looked up from his head bowed position, meeting Hiiro's glazed and red eyes that looked like they had not received enough sleep in quite some time.

His mouth opened, but words did not come out. Muriasachi interrupted his silent sentence.

“Oh Shuunske-boy, now that we don't have to worry about anything else, why not kill two birds with one stone, and sign this paper as well. Two signatures is always better than...”

“NO THANK YOU, MURIASACHI-SAN!”

Shuunske took a step backwards, obviously fighting tears his eyes becoming more and more glassy.

A huge lump formed in Shuunske's throat. The kind of lump that would force him into crying if he tried to speak.

Shuunske took another step back, his esteem damage being worn on his sleeve.

“I see... Hiiro-chan... Well... if there is nothing I can do... then... I will take my leave...”

Shuunske fought tears so hard that new tears came up that he was unprepared to fight. Quickly, trying to protect his own pride, Shuunske's arm rushed to his face, wiping the salted water that dripped down his face in hot puddles.

“If that is your choice Shuunske-boy, then I suggest that you...”

Shuunske, in a sudden moment, snapped and slammed his foot forward, shooting his hand up and forward as if to shoot a kido. His spiritual energy was released in full in a sudden burst as well, its heavy weight sending six members of the 12th division sprawling to the ground as if cinder blocks had been dropped on them, including the woman that stood behind him, yelping as she went down.

Shuunske's eyes grew so intense that he could feel them burning.

He wanted to so bad to attack the slithering man, but knew that he could not.

As soon as he had raised his hand, Muriasachi had dropped his arm from Hiiro, and moved it to the handle of his zanpakutou, as if he was scared of a real fight to ensue, even when he had the clear advantage.

“... Keep your filthy hands off of her... Muriasachi-san...”

Shuunske slowly lowered his hand, and his energy began to let up, still far to much for the woman beneath his feet to notice much of a difference.

“And pray that you don't hurt her... Or I swear... I swear...” Shuunske silenced himself before he let his anger get the better of of himself.

His hand fully lowered, and went limp, his spiritual pressure dropping back to understandable rates, and the woman behind Shuunske sputtered and scrambled to her feet, grasping the railing that ran along the steps that lead into the computer labs – her posture bent over and in complete pain.

“I am sorry Hiiro-chan. I have...”

Shuunske did not finish the sentence and turned abruptly, heading for the exit of the 12th division barracks. His foot steps became faster and harder as he heard a small laugh from behind him, coming from Muriasachi acknowledging his own dreamed of victory over Shuunske.

As Shuunske reached the door, he finished his sentence, under his breath, but just audible enough for the room to hear him say:

“...failed you and myself for the last time.”

With that, Shuunske opened the huge doors, and walked out in a rush. If he had lost in this arena, then he would be more prepared to win in the next stage of combat with this slimy man. He needed to find out what he was so hyped on about Shuunske's 5th seated officer.

She was nothing more than a depressed red headed girl. In fact Shuunske had been getting threats of mistrust from other captains, and the 1st division captain, about how she might be unable to continue her duty as a seated officer of her depression became any kind of insanity which had been seen time and time again. Especially for members of the 11th division because of their blood bath destiny.

Leaving the small courtyard, the guards bowed to Shuunske, the small and intimidating boy not even noticing that they were there. He had so many things to attend to all at once.

Shinigami surrounded him in the streets as soon as he left the last gate into the common area, not owned by any division. Most bowed their heads, and others moved out of his way with intention to show respect.

Shuunske was headed to the research department of Soul Society.

It was not long before he got there, with a quickened walking tempo and a fast cooling anger.

There to greet him was one of the research and development members – the vice president, also the 3rd seat of the 12th division, Daikube Tanda. He was a tall and odd looking man. Not because he was unattractive, but because of the obvious mutations on his body. His left eye was re constructed under mechanical workings, as well as his right hand that poked out of the shinigami uniform. Both were golden and looked cleaned. His black hair covered most of the robotic side of his face with its bangs, only allowing his normal eye to be seen – an eye that was white and blind with a scar through it, going from midway up his forehead down to his upper cheek on his right side, leaving the actual eye nothing more than an item there for show with a white milky look. Also, a centered bottom lip ring was visible below his long bangs - completing a very dark look.

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan Img-thing?

“Shuunske-sama, an honor as always. I don't see you here very often. What brings you here?”

Shuunske exhaled a deep breath. It was nice to know that even though this man was the 3rd seat to the horrid Muriasachi, he was not just another puppet that had his independence stolen in order for the sick captain to achieve better results in his test subjects.

“I was wondering if you had any data on a... a 14th division?” Shuunske was also unsure of what he was saying. Daikube looked at him strangely, a pondering look on his face as if Shuunske had made a simple mistake and was going to correct it in a second.

But Shuunske didn't correct himself. Only went on further to explain himself.

“Listen... I know it sounds crazy, but during this last encounter with the enemy in the world of the living, we fought shinigami, as I am sure you know. However, I took this from the man that I fought.”

Shuunske moved his hand through his deep pocket and pulled out a crest, looking exactly like that of the vice captain badge of a normal division, only it had the character for 14, and another flower that had not been used on any of the other division emblems.

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan 5640063103a7305671030ml

“I found this on his person. I tried looking in my own data banks, but could find nothing. Same with the Kuchiki data banks.” Daikube took the crest, and held it, turning it over three times, looking it over very closely.

“Interesting. And you say that you got it from the opponent you fought? Is that correct?” Daikube responded after a while.

“Yes, that is correct. That is on top of my knowledge that those men were trained in the old ways of kendo that were taught here many years before my time, meaning they must have some connection to here. They were shinigami after all.” Shuunske spoke in a very commanding voice that was completely contradicted by the sarcastic look that Daikube gave Shuunske in a way to say that a lot was many years before his time, and not necessarily too old. Shuunske pretended not to notice.

“Well, Shuunske-sama, all I can do is promise to look, but if both yours and the Kuchiki data banks drew blanks, I cannot promise much else. But I will look; may I hold onto this?” Daikube motioned at the crest. Shuunske nodded.

There was another moment of silence, that was filled with Daikube further inspecting the crest. “Will that be all, Shuunske-sama?” Daikube spoke out of the side of his mouth, more interested in the crest than what he thought would be Shuunske saying 'no.'

“Yes, there is one more thing, Daikube-san. Something on a more personal level...” Daikube snapped back into attention. “Yes, Shuunske-sama?”

“Can you please tell me about Muriasachi-san's new found interest in my 5th seated officer, Hiiro-chan?”

The pause was very long before Daikube spoke, placing his hand to his head as if he had a head ache, speaking in a monotone voice that meant he had been given orders to say what he said: “That information is classified, Shuunske-sama. I am sorry.”

Shuunske bit his lip. He should have expected as much. Muriasachi would not want anyone snooping around on his private affairs with shinigami. Or anything for that matter.

“That is fine, then I want a record of all the different major projects that have gone underway while Muriasachi has been president of the Research and Development Facility.” Shuunske spoke in a commanding voice that suggested that he did not care about what was classified information.

Daikube smiled deviously.

“That I can do Shuunske-sama. Is there anything else?”

Shuunske shook his head...

“No. That is all for today. Thank you.”

That was all for today. He had done his best. Shuunske just wished that his best was as good as he wanted it to be.
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan   Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Hiiro felt the texture of the pages in her hand, running her thumb over the edges. These words stamped onto the pages meant nothing to her, only the small line at the bottom where her signature was supposed to be placed. With the writing of her signature she would accept Muriasachi’s request to be able to use her body for various tests of his choice or as long as it was prescribed.

All to bring him back to life.

Just like the slimy wet woman who had fallen against the cold ground looking terrified.
The girl meant to be Jun, but held none of her soul; her memories that made her who she was supposed to be. Muriasachi had quickly released her whole figure and hurried to Hiiro’s side, smiling coyly like a snake watching its prey.

Waiting to strike and kill.

Hiiro didn’t flinch or move as his arms snaked over her shoulder, holding her closely like Jun was once held.
He was her new pet, his new favorite toy.
It was a moment like this she was glad she couldn’t see the emotion in Shuunske’s face. The tears she knew must be present or the pain he must be feeling. But her eyes shed no emotion for her captain. For the boy she cuddled close to her chest when he found Yuki’s grave. The boy the girls swooned over, her Captain who shed tears for her.

But if she turned she could never look back, and she had to do this alone. He couldn’t be in the room. It would be too hard.

“Yes, that is right, Hiiro-san.
You are making the right choice. Don't let Shuunske-dono hold you back from what you need. He does not know. But I understand.”

Fire bit her heart as something raw coiled its way into her stomach like a foul creature.
Sunibunki hissed and screamed at him from her mind like a feral cat, wanting Her Shinigami to smack him away, to cut him in two and burnt he pieces.
Though Hiiro remained motionless, closing her eyes and tuning out her familiars venomous words of hatred like they were white noise, just sound against the back of her mind, nothing more.

Suddenly potent Reitasu surged into the room like a flood of icy water.
Jun was crashed to the ground along with various 12th division Shinigami at their seats. The standing Shinigami staggered and fell against the controls. Hiiro would have staggered, she certainly felt the pressure and the weight upon her shoulders but she wouldn’t move. Her legs held firm and tense as though she was forced to not move.
Letting the energy wash over her and squeeze the air from her lungs, making it difficult to breath but not impossible.

This was the Reitasu of her Captain, an energy she was now very well acquainted with.

Now more than ever before, the scarlet haired Shinigami wanted to turn and look Shuunske in the eyes. Turn to see the anguish in his face as he shook with anger. Anger from Muriasachi’s slimy touch, yet she couldn’t turn. Hiiro couldn’t bring herself to tilt her head. She could only bite down firmly upon her lower lip, fighting tears and grip the document in her hands even tighter.

“And pray that you don't hurt her... Or I swear... I swear...”

What would you swear? What would you do for me?

“I-…I’ll be alright.”
She choked softly, not sure if Shuunske would even hear her.
“I’ll be just fine…”
Her words seemed unsure; they quivered in the air before falling silent. Flinching as Shuunske’s heals squeaked sharply as they turned upon the sleek floors and hurried away in a rush equivalent to a small jog.

There was silence that fell over the room now, everyone moved slowly, unsure if they were supposed to get up off the ground or stay where they were.
As some of the other Shinigami pulled themselves off the floor and into their seats, they few glanced back to look at their leader, their Captain who had watched Shuunske leave.
He licked his lips, a smirk spread upon his thin pale lips, and he knew he had won.

“Such a pity then…”
He turned back to Hiiro whose heart pounded in her chest, against her ribcage threatening to break through her bones.
Yet she felt mentally calm, at ease with the choice she had made. That what she chose was right.

“Would you like a pen Hiiro-dono?”
Muriasachi reached into his pocket for something she could use to write her signature upon the sheet and get this whole ordeal over with. Now that Shuunske was gone, Hiiro had given herself to him.
This was the last little thing that needed to be done. Patting down his chest he found nothing to write with, turning he called to a Shinigami to hand him a pen quickly.

Hiiro closed her eyes, feeling the coiling throbbing knot of Reitasu that had remained bouncing around within her body since the incident. Still in recovery, her Reitasu was difficult to use since it had been so dangerously exhausted.

The 4th division Shinigami had explained that she could have died using her own life force as a form of Reitasu to keep her Bankai moving. The damage done was very powerful and would be difficult to re-adapt.
Catching onto the thin strands of energy was like catching a moth in the wind. Summoning some inner power she reached for the stuffed Reitasu, wanting to be done with this ordeal.

That is was all just some horrible dream that never was supposed to happen. Like your first nightmare as a child.

…. I’m so sorry Kasumi. I’m sorry for everything I put you through and all the pain I have caused. I love you so much.

She caught a string of her Reitasu, it became tangible, workable. A single tear slipped down her cheek, off her chin and onto the ground at her feet.

….Goodbye….Kasumi….

“Hado Number 4. Byakurai.”
She murmured under her breath.
A blue light enveloping her hand.

Muriasachi’s face whirled to face her eyes wide in shock as the paper within her hands.
The document that sealed her fate burst into flames with a spark of bright blue lightning.

The Kido spell was hardly anything, the Reitasu it used was tiny. It would have only produced a short spark.
But from her hands the fire was easy to catch on the papers. Now burning in her hands and turning brown, the ink bubbled and evaporated. Melting onto the paper and becoming impossible to read.

“What do you think you are doing? Do you not see what you have DONE!” He seethed in raw horror and rage. Watching as Hiiro let the burning pages slip from her fingers and onto the ground.
Not a touch of remorse glinted in her eyes as she watched the papers burn. She was torn but somehow at ease with her choice she had made.

“…Atta girl….”

“You don’t own me.”
Hiiro spoke finally looking up at Muriasachi with the rage that had been simmering within her core since she first stepped into the retched place.
“And you never will. Kasumi is dead.”
Color had returned to her face and her eyes burned like Sunibunki’s had. Taking a step back she stepped on the smoldering pages, putting out the tiny fire that still tried to burn.
“I know that, And I think I realize that now. God I’ve been stupid, so stupid and…to think….I almost trusted you…” She hissed Glaring into his eyes.

“Shuunske-sama was right, it is your fault. Your fault he died. The fault does not lie only on me and you…you profit from his death!”
She spat the words.
“You used him like you used everyone else. Well you can count me out of your hand I want nothing to do with you. Goodbye Captain Muriasachi-dono.” She turned and walked away, hesitating at the edge of the door only for a breath to say her final words.

“I don’t know why she screams at you. My Zanbaktou spirit, But I should have listened to her a long time ago.” She turned looking over her shoulder at them.

“Don’t you dare come near me or Shuunske-sama again. I’m not your plaything, and neither is he.”

With those final parting words Hiiro turned and walked swiftly down the halls. Not looking back to see the horrid yellow eyes that stared back at her in shock and venomous hatred. Yet this feeling was mutual, Hiiro felt awakened, and yet so very tired. As she stepped down the hall she came across the woman with the glass shards in her back. Tears blotted her face as she tried to get herself cleaned up.

“You should leave.”
Hiiro spoke with a stony voice as she moved past the room where she sat.
“Ask for a transfer, something. Just get away from that monster…”

Hiiro pushed open the door.
“I would do it quickly while you still had the cuts and chemical burns. Then you would have a valid reason and they cannot refuse you.”
She let the door fall behind her, closing her off between the woman and herself. Stepping into the sunlight. Her arms wound over her torso and she moved quickly. Eyes cast downwards and she slipped past people now, her lips pursed as she tried to not acknowledge the trouble she just might have put herself in.
Or forced to realize that If Muriasachi could in fact bring Kasumi back to life.
That choice was gone to her now, he really could never come back.
That broke her heart a little.
Snaking around them quickly she came to her room. Turning and closing the door behind her. Realizing she was finally alone,
her head fell against the door.

She broke down now. Sunibunki dropped from her sash and she sank to her knees. Eyes wide and tears gushed onto the floor.

What have I done?! What have I done!?

Kasumi is dead, he’s dead and it’s her fault.
The sentence rolled over and over in her mind. Over and over until she leaned back and let her head fall against the wall, looking up at the ceiling.
Her long scarlet hair fell wildly over her shoulders and around her face. She grew tired, but her body refused to rest yet.
The sentence once more running over and over in her mind like a broken record.

Kasumi is dead. Kifuume is dead to. But Kasumi’s death is her fault. It’s your fault, it’s my fault.

“It’s my fault he’s gone.”
Hiiro murmured under her breath. “It’s my fault; it was up to me….”
Her eyes drifted lazily over to Sunibunki who had fallen onto the ground next to her, the blade poking out of her crimson sheath and casting a bright reflection onto the wall.

Without much thought Hiiro took Sunibunki and unsheathed the weapon. Holding it up over her head she looked over the glimmering blade as it refracted the light happily. Gleeful that she had told Muriasachi to shove it.

The joy within her made Hiiro crack a broken grin,
the first she had in a long time. It felt strange to her, to smile after such a long time, after so much has happened.

“Shit happens; it’s how you clean yourself up afterwards that matters.”
Hiiro echoed the words Kifuume had told her so long ago. They didn’t seem this deep back then, it just seemed like a casual saying to make her feel better about getting a bad grade on her Kido class.
She stood up, Sunibunki held to her side limply. Those memories were so distant in her head, fine details became blurred.

would you be ashamed of me Kifuume? To see how I’ve fallen….

Hiiro shook her head. She was ashamed, she hardly thought of Shuunske in her time back. She only dwelled on the past, hoping she could change it. Kasumi was dead. Nobody could change that. Shuunske was here, he was always there. Even when she didn’t see him.

That’s what happened after all. Kasumi died, died in her arms and she raced off as fast as she could. Running faster than her legs could ever carry her.

She left that snowy night to save Shuunske.
It all came slowly back to her now. Shame formed a rock in her heart when she thought how much he must have been hurting to see her like this. Broken and beyond help.

I won’t ever be that weak again.
She vowed lifting Sunibunki to look at her face in the reflection.
She had to get stronger, protect Shuunske, because next time there won’t be anyone to save her. No Kasumi to come out of nowhere and give his life. She was alone, totally alone…

Except for Shuunske, her Shuunske. He was everything she had now. He was all she had left.

I vow to get stronger, to never feel this helpless again. To protect the people I care about with all my heart and soul.

She ran a hand through her hair looking over at the messy red locks.
Hair that she always brushed out of her face, always said how they fell into her eyes obscuring her vision.
Her mind went to Kasumi, the day Muriasachi took a fistful of his hair and sliced it off in one fell swoop.
How he loved having Long hair.

As children they joked that Kasumi’s hair was even prettier then Hiiro’s was, always just a few inches longer until the very end…when she started off in the 11th division her hair had finally out grown his own.

Scarlet locks fell onto the bamboo floor like feathers dipped in blood. Slowly Hiiro drew her blade through her hair, feeling as it sliced and the weight falling to the ground. This hair obscured her vision, her vision was vital.

Her long hair was something of the past.
Dead like that part of her life.

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan 59444_cutting-hair1

Working her blade through her hair slowly. Locks of scarlet hair drifted to the ground one after another as most of her hair fell around her feet now.
This was the turning point in her life.
When her Hair reached the length is was the day he died. She will be stronger, strong enough to protect Shuunske and be worthy to be a Shinigami. His shinigami.
She would Become worthy of taking Kasumi’s position as his vice. She would get stronger; do whatever it took to be by his side.

Dropping Sunibunki she pronounced the deed finished.
Her bangs cut short, hardly falling into her eyes, they cast a tiny red blur over the top of her eyes obscuring her eyebrows but nothing more.
Running her fingers through her hair in the back of her head. It was the length Kasumi’s was cut to, perhaps a bit longer.

Her hair sloped foreword now, cut short with the exception of the hair just in front of her ears. It was cut to the bottom of her jaw. The rest was hardly an inch and a half in length. Running her hands through her hair she fell onto her bed her face against her soft pillow with an exasperated sigh. Before her stood a battlefield of bloody scarlet hair, chopped to bits and laid to waste on the wooden battleground of her bedroom floor.

It looked like she had gutted something and the hair was deep bloody scars upon the ground. Then puffing up her cheeks she blew a strong puff of air in a large sigh. The bloody scars lifted at the simple air and flew over the ground, clumping together to form a fuzzy red barrier upon her floor.

A weight had been lifted from her mind, her body her soul. Something she had yearned for in all the wrong ways finally was found.

Acceptance and closure.

So Hiiro closed her eyes and for the first time since arriving back at the barracks.
She did not dream of Kasumi under her hands, choking the lift out of him.
But a pleasant, sleep that left her resting in a wide void. Surrounded by warm light that comforted her. Tears of joy rested at the corners of her eyes and she curled up, floating white light.

“Good job Hiiro-chan. You’ll go places I know you will.”

“I never blamed you….Please protect yourself, I love you.”

But of course, these voices were simply dreams. Voices that comforted her soul and eased the pain away. They were just imagined by her subconscious. Totally imagined.

Right?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan   Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2 - No Time For Rest - The Beginning Of Suzume's Plan
Page 1 of 1