Espada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Espada

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
Captain Zack
1 - first news - rebellion I_vote_lcap1 - first news - rebellion I_voting_bar1 - first news - rebellion I_vote_rcap 
Ragamuffin
1 - first news - rebellion I_vote_lcap1 - first news - rebellion I_voting_bar1 - first news - rebellion I_vote_rcap 
Kiske
Miku Watahari
crazyhappybunny
Yuki~<3
TheByakura
Takato Urameshi
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Who Posts Next
1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:35 am by Captain Zack

» Confirmation.
1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 am by Captain Zack

» Chapter 4- Sweet Awakening- An Adventure Begins
1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:33 pm by Ragamuffin

» All I Can Say Is MEH!
1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:19 am by Ragamuffin

» Robyn's photoshop Murisachi!
1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:32 am by Captain Zack

» Reporting Back In - Niiki's Mind, Suzume's Game
1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:36 am by Captain Zack

» Robyn's Photoshop
1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:03 am by Kiske

» Robyn's Photoshop
1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:35 am by Captain Zack

» This kid looks like shuunske
1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:34 am by Captain Zack

Current Topic:
Chapter 4 - Sweet Awakening - An Adventure Begins 1 - first news - rebellion Bgw6s6
"Shuunske has started a decline of sanity, of which the only cure is his true love - Yuki. After regaining consciousness, Shuunske has to face Hiiro. Miku, Niiki, and Esido return to Suzume with their battle prize. They have won round one. Who will win round two?"

1 - first news - rebellion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

1 - first news - rebellion Empty
PostSubject: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:32 pm

The day started off so well. How could this happen? Hiiro’s feet kicked up small billows of brown dust into the air as she shot down the streets. The sky was a crystal clear blue with hardly a white fluffy cloud in the sky. To anyone else it would have seemed like beautiful day, some people did. Laughing and shoving each other playfully, glancing up only slightly when they saw Hiiro breeze past them.

A few papers clutched against her chest, the small sparse reports she managed to scrape together to give to her captain, it wasn’t much, but it was all she could gather in such a short time. Her zanbaktou bounced on her hip as she ran down the paths, arms swinging with her body to increase her speed.
“ No, no no no no.” Hiiro repeated under her breath and she turned a corner, heading straight towards the captains quarters. He had to know about this. Grabbing a corner she turned sharply not slowing down at all.

“ Move please!” she ducked in order to dodge a mans arm, taking them both by surprise yet she didn’t slow, She didn’t even slow down to cast a look over her shoulder at him. Her hair billowed behind her, pulled into a ponytail it cracked in the wind. She jumped onto the wooden balcony of the captain’s quarters. Turning she gave two swift knocks and listened for his calm answer of " come in."

She did, hugging the papers to her breast and breathing heavily. She keeled down on one knee with a fist in front of her, her eye's cast away from him but only just. Her other arm still clutched the papers against her. her mind was slightly fogged and she was panting. She had run all the way from the 4th division.

“ Captain Shuunske-sama.” Her voice cracked and her eye’s where wide. Hiiro took a breath to bow quickly. Even in times of utter crisis she had to keep some respect.
“ 3rd seat Kifuume Jiro, and his entire unit, have been destroyed.” Her voice cracked again.

She had known Kifuume, even if it was only for a short while. He always spoke with her and was kind. He helped her learn her way around the new areas. She hugged the papers and took a hasty breath looking up at her captain, she looked saddened but no hint of tears streaked her face. She was strong enough to keep this in.

“Only four of the bodies have been recovered. One of which, is Jiro-sama.” She walked up quickly setting the pages down. One of which was a picture of the body. “The autopsy isn’t, finished yet. but the wounds do not match a Menos Grande.” She took a step back from the desk hugging her sides lightly. She had started to calm down more from just being around the pressure from her captain. Hiiro still panted lightly, her zanbaktou still hung on her hip, she did not have time to take it off and set it against the door outside.

“Their unit left approximately three days ago to take care of a few Menos Grande, A small group of shinigami found them this early morning more than twenty miles away from where the Menos Grande were thought to be.” She took another breath to cool her mind.
Back to top Go down
Captain Zack

Captain Zack

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:48 pm

1 - first news - rebellion 0ec1102ba0557487fa4c9c96cc4886b31232379691_full

Shuunske heard the girl running nearer and nearer his direction. It was a perfect day. The sky was blue, and the air was warm with the warm sun shine coming in through the window he was standing at. The vice captain was doing the paper work for the day, and this meant that Shuunske had the day off. It was the perect day to have off so far. The only problem was that, being a captain, no matter how much work he gave to Kasumi, he would still have to do a lot as well. Through out the day he had been asked to sign certain things, and had been approached with small news on the Menos in the realm of the living. But all was going well until the moment came.

A sudden knock came from the opposite end of the room. It was much more furious than before. He answered in a cool tone, telling her to come in. He already knew who it was. When the door opened, he saw Hiiro, sweat on her brow, as if she had run all the way from another division. She came in clutching papers, meagerly written on in ink type. Whatever was on the paper, it was not very much. On the first peice however, there was a picture. He did not know what of, but it was a clearly printed picture from where he was standing.

The girl started blurting out the information that she had aquired, in a sloppy fashion. At first, he did not know where what she was saying was going, but when he understood, his perfect day shattered. It was as if the nice tame blue sky started laughing at him before darkening. How could all of this gone on without him knowing? It was his squad. And what did she mean it was not by the Menos Grande? How could it not be.

Shuunske's lip turned into a snarl. His spiritual pressure began to seap out, causing the air too feel like 100 pounds of extra weight. His fist clenched. And it was wrong that she be the one to tell him. It was more than she was supposed to do, but Kasumi was too far away to tell him.

Catching tone of his spiritual power, and the pressure he had asserted because of it, Shuunske started to pull it back. He was still beautiful when he was maddened. His eyes gained a certain flare that they didnt have before. His flushed face brought out onlt more of his perfect features. He was beautiful.

"Where did you hear this? May I see the report 5th seat?" Shuunske gestured to the peices of paper. If what she said was true then he would be more surprised than mad. If what she said was true then the ability to mess up Soul Societies communication was too easy. It should not be so.

As his rieatsu cooled back down, the captains white haori fell back to his normal position. He waslked over to Hiiro. He trusted his 5th seat, he would not doubt her. But he needed to see the spacifics of the picture and report. He wanted to see for himself.

"What time was this report filed, and why have I not been notified sooner? 5th seat, Hiiro, it is not your job to notify me of these reports unless otherwise told by Vice captain kasumi-san." He knew that she was trying her best, but he did not want to see her exuast herself with duties that were not even under her job description.

Shuunske held out his hand from where he was standing, near the window, now turned in her direction, requiring that she move, rather than make him move.

At that very moment, the intercom came on that rang all over the Gotei 13, and rang directly into the Captain's intercom, not allowing any other shingiami to hear, giving the information that he had just recieved. She had beaten the imperial time. She had done well. After a tap tap, the intercom began to talk:

"As of recent, we have recieved info that 11th squads unti, sent to patrol the living world, section 334, has just been targetted and wiped out before being able to contact us. This is troubling news as we may or ma not have conflicting evidence saying that it was indeed not the Menos that attacked the shinigami. We are requiring all captains to come to an emergency meeting."

This was all he needed to know. Looking at Hiiro, he started to walk past her, expecting her to stand and walk behind him as would be the respectful way to go about it. She still had to give him the picture, but she would do that from behind him. This was such troubling news. He was glas they did not broad cast the message over all of the baraks, and that only the captains had heard, aside from his 5th seat.

"This is all I want to know. Give me the picture. I am required else where at the moment. Meet Kasumi in the squad 12 baraks, and gather as much information as you can for me when I get out. He will be there. I sent him there only 20 minutes ago. Tell him what you and I know. Be quick."

With that, Shuunske broke off and exited the baraks, using the flashstep to get to his destination faster. It was over his head. This was his first emergency as a captain, and of course it had to do with his squad being targetted.
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Hiiro winced at the sudden surge of spiritual pressure, it pressed down upon her like sand bags, like the very air had once against turned against her forcing the breath from her lips.

"i...i was walking past the 4th division on an e-errand." her voice was choked lightly by the spiritual pressure. She had to concentrate to give out the words. "They, gave me the information. B-because vice captain Kasumi-san was busy." She breathed a little lighter as his spiritual pressure calmed slightly.

Hiiro looked to him, concern written in her features. She hated seeing him look so, agitated. "i, came as soon as i could. This was no trouble, i just knew you needed to know as soon as possible and i was the fastest method at the time."

She closed her eye's. Somehow his agitated feelings have calmed her slightly helping her to see a little bit clearer. "i believe they where found early this morning, but i only gathered what i could in a short period of time." she bowed her head her mouth set in a soft line. " i am sorry shuunske-sama that i was the one to have to give you this report, it won't happen again." she spoke softly and formally, her voice soothing in a sense. like cool water over a burn.

Realizing that he required her to move she stood and moved quickly out of his way. She didn't want to hinder him with anything right now. She held the papers to him, Her head cast down, her eye's looking though her bangs to him. Admiring him for a moment before the intercom crackled to life causing her to look up then back to Shuunske watching his fame with concern, it honestly hurt her to see him like this. She wanted to see him smile again. This face, a face she had grown to admire. It gave her tingles to see his eye's sharp like they where.

Skipping once up to keep in step with his oddly wide strides she handed him the papers from behind him. " yes, shuunske-sama i will go right away." she nodded at the request to meet Kasumi at the 12th division barracks. It meant more running on her behalf, but she did not mind it.

Looking back to her captain she wanted to give him some sort of words of comfort. Things will work out, she would follow him no matter what happens. To not worry to much. But all of these things where disrespectful. She had to remind herself painfully that she was not on casual terms with him. So she handed the Documents to him. and watched him leave suddenly. hugging herself she gave a soft sigh.
"Good luck." she murmured quietly before takign a loud breath.
" Ok Hiiro, we can do this. find Kasumi-san. try to figure out what all this is about, captain is counting on you." She spoke to herself lightly, before she ran off the deck and into the soft grass around the captains quarters.

She felt driven to reach the 12th division in a short of a period as possible. Ducking and dodging on coming shinigami. Hiiro soon realized it was much to time consuming to simply run though the crowds that suddenly seemed to be all around her. Leaping upon the shingled rooftops she began to run once more at a swift pace, her shihauksho snapping in the wind her zanbaktou bouncing next to her and her arms held behind her increasing her speed. She was fast, One of the fastest in the 11th division without the use of flash step. It was something she was intent on learning and devoted most of her spare time on learning.

It took her only but a few minutes to reach the 12th division. Thankfully it was close, Hiiro didn't even have to break a sweat to do so. It was nothing like running all the way from the 4th division.
"vice-captain kasumi-san?" she looked around, jumping back to the streets she stopped looking around for a moment, before pouting slightly and she started in a quick walk hurrying around.
"Kasumi-san!" she called, looking around, her hands cupping around her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Kiske

Kiske

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:25 pm

It seemed like night already. The dark room, lit by thousands of mechanical lights had no real source of light, all ambient. It was rather annoying to Kasumi. He liked real light over the many brightly colored, but highly inconvenient lights, shaded with everything from an insect orange, to the color of year old milk. Further more, there were many men scurrying through and through out the room, all in funny white almost lab coats, but more leaning towards a captain's hoari in a fashion sense. Some of the men looked to be morbidly misshapen, and almost as if they had been mutated. It was not unheard of. All the captains from the 12th squad had been quirky and crazy scientists, not minding hurting other, or themselves to obtain knowledge to do research on.

Looking in front of himself, there was another small woman, looking only to be about 17 or so, quickly slamming her fingers into the key board with other brightly colored symbols and such on them, anything but the normal written language. Analyzing them would be more than useless. It took years to even know all the things that a single combination of buttons did, seeing as they could do different things when in different situations. At least, that was what he guessed.

The door behind him in the room was closed, separated from him by a small center section of the room that was sunk in, and only accessible by the small stairs on either side of it, containing multiple rows, three in total, of computers, with more legible things on the keys. The seated officer of the squad, 4th seat Jun, paced through the rows, supervising when ever there was a moment when another code came up that the trained computer operators did not know how to answer to.

Jun was a highly composed girl, who chose not to wear the trade marked shinigami uniform, but a smaller, tighter dress, which came up to her high thighs. It was tight fitting everywhere until it stopped in a small "v" at her neck. He did not normally look at other shinigami like this, but this was one of the first times he had seen her at work. He had seen her fight, and although sword play was not her strong point, she was a master of kido, and he had seen her use bakudo 83 without even resiting the incantation. It was amazing. She was also rather young, about his age.

The ruff room was about to get to him, what with its spiky, unclean, and jaggered edges, with small tubes and such coming through the walls, barely visible through the dim light, when he heard his name being called. It sounded like the new 5th seat, Hiiro. Snapping to attention, he moved through the room, until he was at the door of the dark mess of a room. Jun acknowledged that he was going out for a second, and he left the room, walking through the door, into a more lobby like room. It was still not well lit, with an interesting maze of standing lights on the ground, only lighting a small area around them, so that the dark room looked as though it had various balls of light, floating. It was a test room, where smaller tests were conducted. He knew this much because there was a time when he wanted to serve under 12th squad, back in his academy days. His father had, and so he knew minor information about it, here and there.

At the other end of the room, he saw, sure enough, Hiiro. The light hit his face so she could see him as well. He stood right by one of the standing lights, that looked like a tear falling the wrong way from the ground. He was curious as to why she was here. He had been sent here by Shuunske to gather information about the Menos, and the little he had known about the squad. That was about thirty minutes ago.

"I'm here, 5th seat Hiiro-chan. What do you need?"
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 pm

Hiiro jumped lightly at her name being called and turned brightening lightly as her eye's locked onto Kasumi. Running up to him she tucked a small lock of her scarlet hair behind her ear and gazed up at him with eye's the showed she was both happy to see him, and concerned about what has been happening in these past few hours. Her cheeks flushed from her run from the 11th division to here.

"3rd seat Jiro-san has been killed along with the rest of the unit. Captain shuunske-sama ordered me to come find you so the both of us can find more information about this occerance, in both the 12th and 4th divisions." she replied formally before she hugged her sides lightly, her arms hung on her stomach, her right elbo nudge the handle of her zanbaktou, she frowned for a moment and looked up at him into the eye's, not as a lower rank but as a worried girl, a friend.

"i'm worried kasumi-san. I haven't seen the captain look so agitated before, it was almost frightening." She looked back down to the ground, her words whispering out like she was worried to even say them to loudly. She took to kasumi, he had an energy about him that kept her on her toes but she still felt more relaxed around him. Their was a certain rank gap between them. But she thought of kasumi as a friend, as well as a higher rank.

"Apperently some shinigami from the 12th division where killed as well, so we could start here or just go to the 4th divison and see the bodies." she looked up at him with a calm smile. She needed to listen to Kasumi, this wasn't a one person investigation and she was not the higher rank of the two.

Hiiro walked up to kasumi and put her hands on her hips looking up to him. Saying wordlessly that it was fully his choice and she was going to follow him where ever he chose to go. "other than this..." she spoke. "how has your day been?" she asked quietly, giving him a small smile.

She hated being so formal with people. she never seemed to be able to do it around kasumi. It wasn't that she didn't respect him as a higher rank. If she wanted to she would be just as formal and quiet to him as she was to shuunske. Yet she couldn't stand not trying to comfort the situation. The less stressful the better ans she was a kind person. She wanted to know how there day had been going or what was new in their lives.
Back to top Go down
Kiske

Kiske

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:43 pm

As soon as the girl saw him, she quickly moved closer. He had liked her since she joined the 11th squad, as the 5th seated officer. She was nice, and the perfect thing that the 11th squad needed. A female. She was able to hold her own in fights, although not as strong as some of the other men with a sword, her ability to think in battle, and create clarity out of a situation was amazing to watch. He had seen her in the academy. She had entered his senior year there, and he was able to see her progress with the speed of a cheetah.

The odd lighting played out emotions times ten, what with the dim ability to bring out features that one did not really see in broad day light. She was still pretty. She was always pretty, but he did not think of her like that. He felt protective over her. She had worked her hardest ever since the promotion, being as good if not better than the past 5th seats, despite what the guys joked about her.

It was funny to him actually, that the only two female officers ever in the history of the 11th squad came right after each other. If female was what you would call the last. She was a beast on the battle field, able to easily take down any man that got in her way, and piratically would. She would go as far as she could get away with, some times even drawing her sword against other members of the division. She was a night mare. Kasumi remembered seeing her fight against simple hollows on a minor missions he was in that she lead. It was horrible. Given they were hollow, but she looked as if she truly enjoyed cutting every last one down in as many places as possible before killing them. It was to be expected from any one from the 11th squad however. The stereo type. It was different now. They had Hiiro, and Shuunske-sama.

Hiiro started to blurt the report, as if it was protocol. He had already heard it now, and knew more than she on the matter. She was close to him. placing his single finger over her lips he stopped her speaking. It only worked for a second. She come closer to him, asking whether he wanted to go to 4th squad now or stay at 12th. It was not a hard question to answer.

"I'm sorry. It seems you have been running all over the place lately. But I was going to go to 4th squad any minute. I could not stand it in there any longer. It was noisy, and so unclean. Dirty. They had their wiring coming out from the wall. I don't understand how they could work in that, cell."

Looking back down at her, he smiled, only to see that she was thinking about something else. Something that she voiced to be worrying about her captain. He was almost worried too. He knew that Shuunske was the strongest captain that 11th squad had ever seen. Not in fighting ability, but in emotional control. He was able to shake off the insanity of confusion and such. He had seen it happen.

"Don't worry about Shuunske-sama. He would not want you to doubt him. And there is no need to. He was picked to be our captain because he can deal with emotional strain. That among many other reasons. He will do fine. But it is good to have a sense of loyalty to your captain, which I see in you. Don't let that loyalty cloud your senses however. He can take care of himself."

Holding up his hand as if to say "wait one minute," Kasumi walked back to the door he had just come from. He opened it a slight bit, before pulling back out. Hiiro would not be able to hear him, but it didn't matter. The walls were sound proof, so as not to leak any info before they were supposed to. Kasumi nodded before once again coming from the door.

"C'mon 5th seat," he said, beckoning her over with a playful smile, a smile that only he could conjure in such a time. It had been a while now since he had been here, and a while now that he suspected Hiiro had been looking for him. There was no telling what the outside would look like when he got there. It was impossible to know anything about the outside in fact from inside the 12th squad barracks unless you were looking at it from a screen.

Waiting a moment for Hiiro to catch up to him, about twenty feet away from her now, due to the walk to the door, he turned to walk out, knowing that Hiiro would follow him. He had received information to tell 4th squad, that had just come from 12th squad. So not only would he learn, but he would tell. Walking to the next door, on the far side of the fake lighted room, Kasumi opened it to find exactly the opposite of what it was only an hour before.

The outside had grown darker, because clouds had gathered up in the sky, blocking the sun, and there was a cold drizzle, spitting down on the ground. It marked how his had gone perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:42 am

Hiiro halted her speaking the moment he tapped her lips lightly with his index finger. Listening to him intently, she nodded remembering the darkened clammy halls of the 12th division. Shivering lightly, She didn't like the 12th division. Things felt so....fake, The lights, the people. even the air. Thick with ethanol, and formaldehyde. A chemical mixture that brought death to mind.

"i've never really liked the 12th divison....it reminds me to much of something." She bit her lip, her hand grazing past her zanbaktou before leaving it quickly with a small chilling feeling. She always thanked whatever gods that where around that she was accepted in the 11th division. Their have been times when the doubting point in her mind told her she belinged in the 12th division. But she dismissed those thoughts quickly. She didn't want to think of herself in any other division but the 11th.

Yes it was hard sometimes. She was the only girl in the division. Hiiro hadn't seen another female around yet. It gave way to many things. Both teases openly from the other men that she was to soft looking to be in there division as well as downright annoying sexual whoops and calls of her name from across the streets, from animalistic howls to calls of pet names they have given her. Hiiro just tried to ignore them and continue about her day.

She let her head fall lightly and nodded. "yes, i know shuunske-sama can handle himself." she twined her fingers and continued to listen to him. It wasn't that she had no faith in him that he had the ability to cope with bad news. She wouldn't respect him as much as she did if she knew he could not cope with the pressure.

Her cheeks turned a light shade of red as she was called loyal. She was, she knew that. But for reasons more than her own duties as the 5th seat. "I'm not to worried about Shuunske-sama, i just don't like seeing him like this" She sighed.

Pausing she watched him walk away hugging her sides lightly. This place unnerved her lightly, but she kept a calm smile. Being around Kasumi-san made things seem a bit more relaxing. He was like an older brother to her, always there to give her a comforting word, or advice. Waiting patiently for him to give her the ok to follow him with a kind smile and a twinkle in his eye. She gave a bright smile before running up next to him, walking at a slightly faster pace in order to keep up with his longer strides.

She felt smaller since she joined the 11th division. She didn't mind it but it seemed even on a causal walk she had to walked faster to keep up with them. Finding herself looking up more to see them instead of eye to eye. But she didn't mind it. She may have looked fragile next to all the men in the 11th division.

"it's raining." She peeked out from behind him looking out into the sky. the air was chilled with the rain and the warm air had turned to a cold breeze that cut though your clothing and sent shivers up your skin.
"things turned so fast. it was still sunny when i started to run here." She murmured, glancing around.
Back to top Go down
Kiske

Kiske

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:03 am

1 - first news - rebellion 150px-4th_Division_Symbol

As soon as Kasumi saw the face that 5th seat Hiiro-chan was making, he knew what the problem was. He knew why she was so worried, and hated seeing him like that. He had seen it with many girl, regarding Shuunske. He had always been a rumored beauty, worthy of any and all praise. It had made him jealous when he first started working as the vice captain, always being compared to him and such, but he had learned to get over it. He was not bad looking, just not as perfect as Shuunske-sama. In fact he had gotten much praise for his looks while he was in the academy, but since then, he had stopped seeking it, and only sought to fulfill his duty as vice captain. It was quite the work load. Even on easy going days there was a lot. He was always being sent places, and always off securing ties with other divisions, but that was not how it was going to always be, it was simply now due to the large mass of troubling news that 11th division had received.

Stepping out into the cold air, Kasumi tested the whether with his hands. It was cold alright. Chilling cold, that swept through your clothes and made you feel hallow. Looking back at Hiiro-chan, Kasumi noted that only her shinigami outfit was not going to be enough to keep her warm, and it was the same for him. But this was okay, it was not such a long walk that they would die in the rain and cold on the way over. The thought made him chuckle.

Kasumi stepped out into the rain, listening to what Hiiro said about the day changing, but choosing not to reply. It was not a conversation that was important enough to budge his mind from the matters at hand. He had his own thoughts. He had seen the pictures of the bodies, and although they provided little evidence themselves, he had already guessed that the wounds were not from Menos Grande hollow attacks. Menos caused large scale damage what with their huge cero blasts, and the ability to crush buildings with their foot. Other than this, they had no way to accurately create slicing in vital areas. To him it looked like the work of either different hollows, or knives or some sort. There was no other way around it. Although he placed his belief in the fact that there might have been other hollows that were there, and did have smaller scale attacks. Still. Those attacks were very precise. He would not worry Hiiro any more about this.

In fact, he had seen Hiiro and the 3rd seat Kifuume walk together. He had thought they were friends, and yet the remorse that was coming from her was more along the lines of not liking seeing Shuunske agitated. Maybe he had misjudged their friendship. Maybe it was nothing more than peer on peer conversation, nothing more.

As soon as his full body was emerged in the water of the rain, he shuddered. But at least he was outside in nature. Better than 12th squad. It seemed that the day had always been dark. As if at any second he would hear sorrowful music playing. As if he was doing all he could for nothing. Opening his eyes as he tracked his thoughts, he mentally slapped himself. He was doing what he was doing for Shuunske-sama, and he needn't be doing it for anything else. It did not matter, as long as Shuunske-sama ordered it. He respected Shuunske more than any man in Soul Society. Even more than the captain of 1st division, and the seeming ruler over all the other captains. In fact, he did not like him much. He seemed irrational.

Looking back at Hiiro, he started to walk quickly. He knew that the flash step would get him there much faster, but he also knew that Hiiro, although naturally fast, could, in no way keep up with a flash step. Kasumi however was rumored the fastest shinigami in the 11th squad, aside from Shuunske. His fighting style relied entirely on his ability to out maneuver the opponent. If he could not do this, then he lost the advantage of the fight.

He vowed to teach Hiiro the flash step when he had the time off. When ever he could. He had seen her fight, and with her natural speed, she would make an excellent flash step. Kasumi however would out match anyone below the captain class in the 11th squad due to his history in 2nd division, the assassination squads, where speed and stealth were everything. It was there that he had learned the flash step.

Looking back at Hiiro, Kasumi noted that he could simply carry her and flash step there. He decided that it would be a better way than to simply walk through the boggy rain. "5th seat Hiiro-chan, this whether seems to getting to you and me both. I can carry you at a much faster pace than we are moving now. Please, allow me." With that, he bent down into a kneeling position, offering her to get on his back. Of course it would slow his flash step a small bit, it would not prevent them from getting there much faster.

Kasumi smiled. He enjoyed taking care of her. So did Shuunske, they had talked about her once, the day after he promotion, and they both agreed to like her for her hard working personality, and ability to put up with the men that jeered at her. He wanted to tell her that she needed to stand up for herself. Even though she may not be as good with a sword as some of the other men were, she had achieved shikai, not that he would suggest releasing her sword on her own men, but she should not feel intimidated, and she should be able to appose their comments with her rank alone. Verbally throwing the men into shape was something that she could do. But id he ever heard them calling to her like that while he was in ear shot, he would embarrass them to the point that they would never insult her again. It was all made up in his mind.

Hiiro came over, obeying his plea, and placed her legs through the loops his arms made against his body, so as to carry her "piggy back" style. As soon as her legs were through he stood, and squeezed them slightly, as if telling her to hold on. He smiled.

The next moment there was a slight blur, and they were on the roof top, only the roof top was far away from where they had been already. His speed was overwhelming to even himself. He loved it though. Squeezing Hiiro tightly so as to secure her position on his back. Lifting his heel another time, he flashed to the next roof top, and so on and so forth. It was unreal to him, and would seem improbable to someone who had not experienced the speed of flash step.

Within four minuted Kasumi landed on the solid ground, under a hang over, built off a wall, keeping the rain from them. At their walking pace, they would have just left the 10th squad boundaries, and now they were here. Kasumi let her down and pointed to the marking on the large door in front of them with the emblem of squad 4. Smiling he asked, "How's that?"
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:59 am

Blinking for a moment Hiiro looked back down to Kasumi before nodding lightly, biting the inside of her lip and getting onto his back. She wrapped her arms gently around his neck and held onto him gently. Her chin resting upon his shoulder, her warm cheek brushed against his ear, and her eye's stared ahead lightly not focusing on a single thing. She hadn't been carried since she was a little girl. It comforted her, letting her mind relax and she gave a small sigh.

"you can just call me Hiiro-chan. if you'd like, there's isn't much need for 5th seat unless you would like to keep it." he hugged him lightly blinking away the small dew drips of rain that fell against her face.

It was honestly the first time Hiiro had to actually stop. Even if it was for a short moment, She had to just relax and let Kasumi carry her to the 4th Division barracks. Her mind wandered lightly to the events of today, it all has happened so fast she almost hadn't computed it all. she thought of the people she had come into contact with in the past hour or so. All the things she had encountered. Then her mind wandered to the pictures handed to her. the remains of one of the shinigami that they had recovered. It was Not shredded like what she had seen from other hollow attacks, it didn't add up at all. Her arms tightened around kasumi lightly and she thought of all the men who have been killed. Jiro-san, Rough around the edges he was always willing to give her a hand if she had needed it. Having his room near to her's she could go to him for any questions and he would sometimes join her on her morning walks or play a board game with her if he felt like it. She had always felt safe around him even from the annoying men that tantalized her so much.

Hiiro buried her face in his shoulder, she didn't want to think of this anymore. Carnage was horrible in general but it hurt her to think that jiro and a few others had been attacked so brutally. It made the air around her seem colder and her body seemed to have a warm soft feel to Kasumi. heating his back, she always seemed warm, even when she had goose bumps or was shivering she always had such a soft warm feel to her skin.

She couldn't think about any of it. Her mind was reeling and she closed her eye's. Hiiro knew that if she thought about it to much she would open her mind to her zanbaktou's constant pushes and soft words that toiled with her sanity even more. She chose to not open her eye's again until Kasumi set her back down infront of the 4th Division., her feet hittign the hard ground with a slap as the ground was wettened and slick from the rain.

Opening her eye's to look up at kasumi she gave a weary smile and gazed around. Her hair dampened by the rain, and her shoulders slacked. she looked like a wet kitten left out in the rain. Her eye's looking up at his. SHe was still beautiful, Wet scarlet hair falling over her shoulder and her bangs fallen askew over her right eye.

"thanks kasumi-san." she murmured lightly, slightly embarrassed that he had to carry her here. But it was true, they would of been soaked to the bone if they had walked or run without a flash step. She was glad that he had carried her, she would have felt more exposed it her shihaksho clung to her body like it ended up doing when it she was soaking wet.

She didn't dislike the rain, she actually enjoyed it quiet a bit, She enjoyed sitting out on her window on rainy days, in her white robe and watch as the rain fell down harmlessly onto the dusty ground, feeding the plants and soaking into the pale ground. But this rain seemed to carry the sorrow and seriousness of the situation. A full unit, more than 12 men from the 12 and 11th divisions being slaughtered like that were. It seemed like enough to make the very sky weep.

"so, where do we check first?" she looked around the scale of the 4th division. She had only been here but a few times. dropping in to give some documents to a few of the seats and other small errands. Or just passing by the pale painted walls when she decided to walk this far of a distance. The actual full interior was a mystery to her. She had heard they where pushovers from the other shinigami from her division, but haven't seen them fight enough to prove it. In fact they were either treating the minor wounds of some shinigami or cleaning.
Back to top Go down
Kiske

Kiske

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:14 am

The day was drawing nearer and nearer to its end, however it seemed to be ending prematurely due to the clouds covering the sun. He actually loved the dark and the rain more than the sun, but hated it to be this cold. The only way he could tolerate the cold was when it was snowing. It seemed like the only way to manage it. Also, he was born into the snow, he loved it. He loved the winter in general.

Stepping forward, two men came forth from the gates, each with their zanpakutou around their wastes as was proper for guards of a certain division. Not that 4th division shinigami were a force to be feared as far as battle. He had never seen a shinigami from 4th squad actually fight worth recognition. He had seen some with much potential, but the shinigami from this division never got any time to practice. They were all consumed by cleaning and healing shinigami that had just come back from missions.

This being said, he had an incredible amount of respect for the members of 4th squad, and hated that they were often teased for being weak. 11th squad did not seem to get that this squad was not designated for fighting, but for healing and maintaining Gotei 13.

As soon as the guards that had emerged saw who it was they bowed their heads, allowing the two to pass, saying respectfully, "Vice captain Engu-sama, 5th seat Takaniki-chan." Kasumi took the opportunity to pass as soon as possible, and smiled at the two kindly, walking past, into the white building.

As soon as he entered, he was taken aback by the whiteness. Everything was perfectly clean, as was expected from the 4th squad. It was perfectly white, and no sign of anyone even being there except that one could hear foot steps through out the division, and ever once and a while a shinigami would run past, realizing who it was they were running by at the last moment, and bowing their head, and respectfully saying their name.

Walking through the long hallway into the back of the division as he had many times before, Kasumi lead Hiiro back to where they had the bodies, and where they were doing the autopsy. About ten feet in front of them, a door opened in the well lit division, and out of it came the captain of the 4th squad. As soon as Kasumi saw her, he bent his posture into a standing bow, waiting for a second before coming back up. Hiiro would do better to wait a small bit longer, but Kasumi was not sure that she knew that. However she was a seated officer, and thus it would not be a total disrespect.

The captain smiled as if she had expected Hiiro and Kasumi. Kasumi knew she had been expecting him, but was not sure about Hiiro. It didn't matter. Just after coming up from the bow, Kasumi spoke. "Captain Kurinami-sama, I am back, on orders of Shuunske-sama. I have a report from 12th division, but they are still working on proving anything." He looked the captain in the eyes, and smiled, timidly.

She smiled at him, and replied. "I felt your spiritual pressure, both of you. I knew you were coming. And follow me. Kasumi-san, we have some interesting discoveries ourselves. It will most look most interesting on the reports that you bring back to Shuunske and 12th squad. Welcome Hiiro-chan, I do not believe you have ever been in this division's interior. I hope it sits well with you being from the 11th squad." She joked. She knew that Hiiro was not the type to judge based on her squads beliefs.

Kasumi, following the seemingly never upset captain, looked back and smiled a warming smile at Hiiro. He loved seeing her treated as an equal. And she was as far as a captain could do so. Kasumi walked in Kurinami's foot steps until he lead her into the room at the end of the hall. It smelled like paint or air freshener, which was good considering the walls were dotted with vaults were they kept the dead shinigami for autopsy. There was another door at the end of the room where the actual autopsies were happening. Kasumi would enter there later were only his rank was allowed.

Kasumi took a moment to try and picture all the faces of those men who had gone in the unit that had been targeted. But the one that kept coming back was the face of 3rd seat Kifuume. He had held back tears when he had heard that Kifuume had been killed. He had gone through the academy with Kifuume, graduating with him as friends. They enjoyed each others company, and although they were both swept away with their duties as official ranks in the 11th squad, Kasumi getting vice captain, and Kifuume getting 3rd seat, the rank right below him, they spent their time together, playing shogi a sort of japanese chest game, and practicing their zanpakutou skills together, against each other.

"Can I see 3rd seat Kifuume, Kurinami-sama?" He looked like he was sad. But he did not want to show Hiiro to make her worry about him. She was already working on getting over that feeling and letting Shuunske be. Another person to be saddened over would not help her. he had hid his grief over the matter since she had seen him. He was good at protecting her feelings. But it was beginning to leak out now.

The captain caught on, and nodded, a forlorn expression on her face as well. Walking over to the far corner of the wall, she unlocked one of the vaults, each having their own combination that the members of 4th division had to memorize. It opened with the high pitch squealing sound that suggested it was air tight in the small cells. Kurinami pulled out a metal tray, with a body and a cloth on it. Kasumi was not sure that he wanted to see. "The important news article we have discovered here is that the shinigami here were not, in fact, killed by any sort of hollow. We have proof to show that they were killed by a blade of some sort. After my own looks at the bodies, I made the prediction that the attacks came from above half based on what I saw, and half based on the fact that I did not think a normal person with said blade could destroy an entire unit, but looking into it more, the cuts suggest that the fight was short, and that it was an ambush, only coming from above, however most of the shinigami here were taken down from straight on. Further more, we discovered that both units were killed entirely by three people, as each way of killing had a certain signature move by which they disposed of their victims."

Kurinami paused, letting the info she had just given sink in. It was a lot. Kasumi was taken aback. He had hoped with all his heart that he was wrong about the wounds and how they were not dealt by hollow. He had wished it with everything in him. This meant that there was an unknown factor that they had to conquer as well. This was not good. This was definitely something to tell 12th squad upon returning. Or rather now, via hell butterfly.

"Kurinami-sama, please allow me to make this a report to 12th squad immediately!" Kasumi was almost scared now. He had not even seen Kifuume, due to the white sheet that was laid over him, but this unknown factor was huge.

"Do not worry about it. Just before you came here I sent the report to 12th squad. I do not want this information getting very far yet, because it is undeveloped, and I would rather deliver the full piece instead of nagging the captains with details they need not know. Of course I have to tell the captains when we find something that could be of use to them, and we are telling 12th squad everything." Kasumi watched her talk, a smile still on her face. It was as if she never stopped smiling. It was if she was never unhappy. Not even when shinigami were slain.

Turning back to Hiiro, Kasumi tried to erase the sadness from his face as much as possible so as to not worry her. "How are you taking all this Hiiro-chan?"
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:18 am

Following Kasumi she gazed around her hands together behind her back, her fingers twined together. Soft foot steps made little claps upon the white clean floor she was worried her foot steps would dirty the ground she walked on, everything was so white and cleaned. Feeling bashful she set her hands to her sides, and she tried to follow Kasumi and glancing around. It was clear that the teasing and small feud that the 4th and 11th division had gathered the attention of herself and Kasumi. She received a few oddly looks as she tailed kasumi though the halls. even a scowl or rolled eye's, as if saying.

"oh great, the 11th division is here again. what bones did they break this time we've got real work to do without patching up the idiots who break themselves for fun". She huffed looking back in
front of her, feeling a bit calmer. She would show them the 11th division wasn't just made up of blood lusting brutes.

She bowed quickly after seeing captain Kurinami. Slightly taken back by her kindness. "Th-thank you. It's-it's very clean." she squeaked awkwardly. a bit surprised to be spoken directly to by a captain whom she had just met. Captain Kurinami had a warm feeling about her, like a sedative for a wound. It made things easier to deal with this situation. Giving a small smile she glanced up at Kasumi flashing him a comforting smile. Hiiro was glad he was here with her, she wouldn't really know what to say.

she found herself dazed again and realized quickly that they had started to walk away. She sped up to walk briskly next to Kasumi. looking up at him she pushed a lock of hair out of her face and offered him a small smile.

'He must be going though so much.' she thought looking back forward at the back of the captain. Remembering those few moments when she came across Kasumi and Jiro playing shogi on the deck. She had completely forgotten how close they seemed to be. Wrapped up in her own thoughts she felt bad for not noticing it before.

Walking down the winding halls Hiiro looked around, some halls seemed to stretch for miles. was there a single window in this entire division? Turning the corner Hiiro was hit by a thick smell of sweet paint. It caught her by surprise as the rest of the halls had the scent of hand sanitizer. It smelled rather sweet. Which left a rock in her gut, the chemicals they used to preserve a body did this. It was the autopsy room.

Hiiro took a shaky breath and stepped inside feeling herself get light headed in the sweet air. the florescent lights did not help. But she looked up from the ground to Kasumi. He spoke calmly to the captain, but she saw him break just a little bit. Frowning, Hiiro watching him with saddened eye's. looking away as the vault opened and Jiro slide out draped in a white cloth covering his body. She shouldn't follow, it's wasn't her place to see, though the thought hurt her a little bit.

So she listened intently to the captain's words. Eye's widening and her heart ached How was the possible?
"so.....you, think a zanbaktou did this." Hiiro murmured quietly once she was finished. Looking up, Kasumi looked so concerned, how badly was this hurting him? There was fear laced into his words. This took her by surprise. She had never even remotely heard Kasumi look nor sound frightened. This was clearly getting to him. Why did he continue to hid this from her? She pursed her lips and looked to him with wide eye's as he composed himself and looked to her.

"i would like to see 3rd seat Kifuume-san please." she stated clearly, her voice not hindered by emotion or stress. Proving to him she was fine before she relaxed slightly. "with my own eye's." she added with a softer voice exposing her concern. "I've seen the pictures, but, i want to see him with my own eye's." Her voice cracked and she took a breath composing herself. " please." she looked to the captain before glancing to Kasumi.

She couldn't leave it at that. Jiro-san was her friend she didn't want to see his form under a white sheet. She wanted to see his face. The face she knew, and say goodbye to him properly.
Back to top Go down
Kiske

Kiske

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:26 am

The info was given and the room fell into silence. It was so much, and the blank was yet to be filled. If hollow did not do it, and if they were certain that it was katana, or some type of blade, then what exactly were they up against? It was unnerving to think that they were up against something this out there, unknown, and powerful enough to destroy multiple units with seated officers, and not even leave one shinigami alive to give evidence, or leave hardly anything but dead bodies, and no trace of where whatever it was had gone. What was this? Only a captain could do this much damage, and anything else entering this world would be detected.

Hiiro spoke. If Kasumi were holding anything, he would have dropped it. What was she suggesting, that our own men killed each other off for sport. A soon as she spoke, the captains warm smile shattered into a a frown. Kasumi loved Hiiro-chan, but it was too wild an accusation to even fathom. Of course it was not. It could not be. And yet, what else could it be. There were no souls with the ability to kill that many trained men. There simply was no other possibility. But she spoke out of place. Kasumi gave a piercing look back at Hiiro, hoping that she would realize what she just said and stop in her tracks, but it did not work.

Hiiro spoke again, this time not even to herself, but directly to the captain. "Hiiro-chan!" Kasumi said, only to be cut off by the captain, her face still not recovered into the normal smile that lit up the 4th division. "It is okay. Let her talk," Kurinami said, disturbed slightly.

"Forgive me captain." Kasumi said, hoping that the captain did not take offense to it. She would probably not, but Hiiro could not get in the habit of talking like that to a captain. Shuunske, and Kurinami were, by his standards, the nicest captains. Others would not be so forgiving. Especially not the 12th squad captain!

"I said it's fine Kasumi-san." Kurinami said. Kasumi bent slightly, as if saying sorry for his actions, and shut his mouth. Kurinami beckoned Hiiro over, Kasumi slowly following, where she pulled the sheet back from his head. Kasumi did not want to look but did any ways. He was shocked. Kifuume's face did not look as though he was dead at all. There was no blood, nothing suggesting he was dead other than his pale skin. He looked as though he was merely sleeping. The thought disturbed him. Kasumi's lip quivered. He told himself not to cry. It would be the least dignified way to go about it. Instead, Kifuume turned his head, looking away from the body. He could not take it. Kifuume's distinct orange colored hair was still untouched, in its shaggy, yet neat, perfect due. His zanpakutou lay next to him, broken into three pieces.

It was too much.
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:03 am

Hiiro paused biting back her own emotions when Kasumi looked to her sharply his eye's widened with horror. She knew she was out of line. But this was killing her inside. She remained silent watching as Kasumi attempted to cover for her. Her reasons where just, She knew that. Far to many good men have been lost to the battle field without a proper goodbye, by there friends. She closed her eye's and bowed deeply to The captain, her hands together in front of her.

" thank you. Captain Kurinami-sama. I Apologize for my rudeness." she spoke it hollowly. Meaning her words but her mind was else ware. gone someplace deep inside of her in order to keep herself from falling apart.

The sheet was pulled from Kifuume-san's face, and she felt the lump in her heart thumped with saddness. He was so cold looking, Like he had been out swimming in the cold springs all day. His skin, as pale as the very walls the the 4th division. Blue veins spider webbed down his neck and chest, and he was covered in darkened purple bruises where smaller cuts, hadn't been inflicted.

Hiiro walked up to him and exhaled a shaky breath looking down upon his calmed sleeping face. He hadn't changed, His bright ginger hair contrasting his pale skin more so than it had in the past. Hiiro rested a hand on the side of the table and bit her lip. His zanbaktou was shattered. What else could have done that? She had seen a zanbaktou broken and it was only from another zanbaktou of greater power.

"kifuume-senpai." she murmured his name quietly holding back tears. The first time she had met him he roughly defended that he was her senpai. They were close to the same age but he was hell bent on being called senpai. And that he would protect her from all the ass holes out there. She didn't realize how much he had affected her, until she sat over him. with his heart no longer beating.

A tear broke free from her emotional wall and slipping down her cheek. She quickly recovered and wiped it away with her arm, sniffing softly she tried to stop anymore tears from slipping down her face.

"i'm sorry." Her voice cracked with emotion and she rubbed her eye lightly to stop the tears. " He...was a close friend of mine." She touched the side of his arm lightly, silently wishing him goodbye. He was so cold, rigamorits had set in leaving him as hard as stone making her suppress another strong wave of emotion. Attempting to compose herself she bowed again to the captain. Her hair falling off her shoulder and hanging lightly to the side of her face.

"Thank you again. I know i have been beyond rude." she spoke quietly before she stood straight, her hair falling over her shoulder. Looking to Kasumi. Her heart hurt a little to see him so close to tears. He was normally so composed. She wanted to hug him. give him some sort of comfort, or anything. She was always fond of Kasumi, always so kind to her even when she messed up he always seemed to cover for her one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Kiske

Kiske

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Kasumi watched as she apologized, which in no way made it acceptable for her to speak like that at her rank, to a captain. But he did not care. He only saw that her inner emotions were rubbing their way to the surface. He had to stay composed for her. Looking at the captain, she was regaining her composure and began smiling again. It was as if seeing so much caring in the room had over shadowed the feeling of disrespect for her. For him to.

Kasumi watched even closer as she moved back up to the table, looking at her and his old friend. As her emotion heightened, his did as well. She was so moved by seeing him. He did not know why, but he felt worse seeing her up set about it than the actual feeling.

Taking a step back, he looked at the captain for her, as always, reassuring smile that he hoped would help him stay strong for Hiiro. It did not, but he kept himself from crying. Chills ran down his spine, and after they left, another set of chills began. It was so eerie to him. It was as if he was not dead. Kasumi waited for him to open his eyes, and waiting for Kurinami to laugh. He wished that would happen. He wished, but knew it would not. He was never that fortunate.

His throat clogged, and a lump gathered. He knew that using his voice at all in this moment would cause him to cry. His heart seemed to be in his mouth, throbbing at a huge pace. He had to leave. He needed to stay focused. He was a vice captain after all. He could not let this get in the way. Shuunske-sama had lost his men in this affair, his own men, and his friend, Kifuume. He must be dealing with much more. He had to stay strong for both of them.

Looking at the captain again, he nodded, and she returned the gesture, both knowing that he had to go. Timed seemed like it passes in slow motion. He stood there for a second, two seconds, three, ten, thirty, a minute, two minutes, then he lost track of time. It seemed like he was alone in the room, dead silent, other than the sound of Hiiro's tears.

He started to remember all the things they had done together before their duties had dragged them down. He remembered back in the academy, how they met in the kendo class, each brandishing wooden swords, bokken, trying to beat the other. Their fight was the longest that day. It ended with him winning. He had beaten Kifuume. Now he remembered. he remembered the teacher announcing that he had won, and the look that Kifuume had given him. It was not a nasty look, but an inspired look, like the start of a friendly rivalry.

Then there was the day that they both confessed in liking the same kido spell, and just because they were bored they got in an argument about who liked the spell more. He remembered that at the end of it, they were both laughing, and on the ground, backs down, exhausted, looking at the sky.

Kifuume had once told him that he would surpass him. That he would one day become a captain, and that when he did, he would make Kasumi his vice captain, so he could rub it in that he was a step ahead. Kasumi had challenged that belief, and had playfully told him that he would never make captain. He remembered it all now. It seemed like all these memories were locked away, and now the death had unlocked that door. He wished he had never said that to him. He would have made a great captain. He had a secret that he had never told any one. He had only told Kasumi. He had told him that he was going to tell peer since the academy that he loved her, but now he never could. She would never know.

The room began to spin. His foot moved slightly to stable himself. What was happening? His head had become light. The memories were pouring into him. Some forgotten, others memories that he though about often. He felt his body go numb. He remembered more and more, how one time, Kifuume had taken the blame from Kasumi. It had made him stay after that day, and get in trouble with his parents.

It all came back now. Holding out his hand to Kurinami, she handed him the report that she had typed and a kind smile with it. He tried to smile, but knew that he needed to get outside, where the rain would mask the fact that he could cry. He could blame it on nothing more than rain. It was a weak shield of defense, but it was better then blaming something in this room.

Turning, the room still spinning, Kasumi said, "Whenever your ready Hiiro, I'll be outside." With that, he moved to the door, and left the room. He was not conscious of whether she was following him right now, he wanted her to come only when she was done.

What was this feeling he was feeling? It was as if her tears had made him feel the same uncontrollable sadness. Why was he so confused. His mind flashed to the images of her crying. It was more than he could handle. A tear ran down from his face, falling on the ground, leaving his bent head. He loved her.

He just now realized it. He loved Hiiro. Seeing her sad, and crying made him want to change everything more so than he already did. It made him want to get mad, mad at the person causing her tears. Mad at himself that he could not protect her from that emotion always! Why was he so weak. Kasumi was reduced to crying a second later. The door had not yet opened from behind him yet, meaning she would not see him like this. He needed to be strong.

More and more memories. More still. Kasumi stumbled to the last door, a glass door, showing him that it had become even darker, like his thoughts, and the rain had pushed harder and harder, until now, it was pouring down, laughing at him. Opening the door, he let the rain over take his body, the cold water bringing him closer to what he thought the cold of death felt like. Opening his mouth, he let it out, face up to the darkened cloudy sky, hot tears streaming down his face.

Her face, Hiiro's face came to him. He tried to picture Hiiro smiling and happy, the girl he loved, but it was replaced with her sad, innocent, crying face. His knees weakened, and he fell into the cement ground that moved three feet from the building, like a side walk, his knees falling in a thin layer of water. She should not have to cry! He should be the only one crying. She did not deserve that. Why was he so weak?

Why was he too weak to protect her. His love.
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:54 pm

Hiiro was lost for a moment. Touching the handle of Jiro's blade lightly with her finger tips. choking a laugh and putting a hand over her mouth to silence her noises. More tears streamed down her face as she tried to keep herself together, but the memories pooled into her mind like thick water.

"Ya see here! Zunamaru's handle is made out of leather and silk. Grips like a charm!" She remembered him laughing, boasting about his blade like it was a newborn child. "it's just the handle of your zanbaktou kifuume-senpai, it's nothing really special." she laughed. He would turn to her appalled and point to her face. "It's not just a handle! it's MY handle. best one for me, and nobody else's." He laughed pulling out the blade, and admiring it with a warm smile.

He loved this sword, now sitting a broken warrior next to him, partners. She always was jealous of his link with his zanbaktou. It was fitting, to have it next to him even in this time. he practically slept with the thing, he loved it so. But Hiiro's concentration was snapped by Kasumi's voice. It was quiet, it frightened her. Before she could turn around Kasumi was gone. hurrying out of the room like he was sick.

"K-kasumi-san." She looked back to Kifuume before the Captain who Gave her a soft nod towards the door telling her softly to follow him. Hiiro didn't hesitate and gave a quick bow to the Captain, giving one last look to Kifuume before rushing out of the room quickly.

"Kasumi..." she looked around, suddenly worried for him, he had spoken to her before he left but it was so rushed and it had taken her by surprise she hadn't heard what he said. All she knew was that he was on the verge of breaking and she had to find him. Nobody should go though pain alone. It was the worst feeling in the world to feel alone. Like your whole chest hurts and you just want to curl up and die. She couldn't let him go though that.

"Kasumi-san!" she called looking around. Spinning and looking down the long halls that stretched ahead of her. Retracing her steps lightly she looked around concern written all over her face. She halted briefly. Looking out she was at the entrance. the glass door's gave way to the darkened wet world. it was pouring, She was about to continue to look for him before she stopped eye's widening.

He was outside on his knees. she stopped for a moment and watched him feeling tears well up and she put a hand to her mouth before pushing the doors open and walking slowly up to him. Her foot steps silenced by the pouring rain. She was quickly soaked but she didn't care, She had never seen him like this. her heart ached and she watched him approaching softly.

"your....going to freeze." her voice cracked and her hand touched his back lightly. Though his soaked clothes her hand felt so warm. The warmth spread and before he realized she was hugging him. Her body shaking lightly from her emotions and her now wet and cold body.

she was crying into his shoulder hugging him tightly. Nothing seemed to matter right now but him. He was shattered and she didn't know what else to do. "we'll, find whatever did this kasumi-san....i promise." she spoke softly, calmly trying to keep her voice from betraying her emotions. she didn't say anything else. Remaining perfectly still by his side she sucked in another shaky breath trying to quell her wave of emotions.
Back to top Go down
Kiske

Kiske

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:09 pm

The cold gripped him through his thin cotton shinigami clothing. It seemed fitting. In times like this, you did not want a happy energy around you, you wanted more and more to keep the tears coming. Kasumi almost sought for more reasons to keep them coming, to vent it out. He did this until he heard the foot steps behind him. He knew that Hiiro was looking at him though the door, he could feel her spiritual energy. It was soft, and pure, just like she was.

As he felt her coming closer and closer he tried his hardest to stop, but he could not. He was too weak. He was too powerless to stop anything. Even his best friend dying. The doors opened from behind him, and at that moment, another set of memories washed over him, causing his restraint to break, and more tears to fall. It was against every moral in the 11th squad to cry. And what more, he was crying in front of a girl. It was blasphemy.

Wiping the tears from his face, he tried to come off as though he was not crying. He knew that it was impossible to convince her that he had never been crying, but he wanted to appear stronger than he was. Everyone did.

It was then that he felt the warmth of her hand on his back. As soon as he felt it, the image of her smiling face flashed into his head, only to be replaced by the image of her crying. And yet, the roles had reversed. He was the weaker one now. Her warmth spread over him, until she bent down also, and hugged him, even though he was wet, and even though she was the one that he wanted to be able to comfort.

Shifting his body, slightly so he could hug her back, he did so, grasping her entire petite body in his arms, hugging her, and letting her cry on his shoulder. Holding her made him feel better. He smiled, still crying, embracing her. After a long pause he took her head from his shoulder, and placed his hand against her cheek. Tears filled his eyes when he saw her crying. He could not resist himself any longer. Bending inwards, he grazed the side of her soft skin, his lips touching her cheek, until he kissed her cheek, his lips warm from tears. He closed his eyes. As he did so, the image of her crying face began to change back into her normal smiling one.

He smiled, his lips still against her. Taking them away, and removing his face from hers, his eyes still closed, he curled his lips as if spreading lip stick on them, causing them to go inwards. Kasumi bit down on them. He did know why he did that. That was a lie, he knew why, but did not know why he could not refrain from it.

He had his eyes closed, listening to the pure of rain as he let the shocked silence carry on. Returning his lips to normal, he smiled, and opened his eyes. It was just what he had wanted to do. It was what he had wanted to do for a long time now. Kiss her. He owed her his heart, and he wanted to give it to her, but this would never happen. He had already seen the emotion she had given out about Shuunske. She, like most other girls, was more fancied to him. It tour him apart. He could not let her see this guilt however, he could not let her see his feelings for her. It would ruin their relationship. Their friendship.

Holding her for a second longer, Kasumi held her back slightly, so he was able to stand up. His legs were weak, and he shook from the cold, but it was what he needed to do. His hand fell into place with hers, and he pulled her up as well.

"I'm sorry Hiiro-chan. I should be stronger." he left it at that. It was a given that they needed to get back to 12th division before it was too late. Looking at how cold she was, and now wet, Kasumi smiled, a sad smile, and gave her his hand. She took it and pulled her up, before he crouched for her to climb on his back. She did so, and he started off, her warm face once again where he loved it, against his face. He wondered what was going through her head.

Walking down the road, there was no more shinigami on the streets, except for one every now and then, scurrying from place to place, or the ones on guard in different areas. He walked, cherishing the peaceful silence and rain falling. It was the sweet perfection of silence spent with the one person you want it to be spent with, right after such sadness. He was still heart broken, and ripped from the inside, over his knowledge of her feelings for him. Shuunske. He was used to it. It seemed that every girl was in love with his perfect face and body. His brilliance on both the battle field and in the mental games as well.

One foot in front of another he walked until he finally made it back to the 12th squad. Setting her down, he walked inside. He would only be a moment. As soon as he walked in, vice captain Jun-san walked from around the corner. They had probably seen him walking here from monitors and such posted around the division barracks. Kasumi smiled, and handed her the papers that 4th squad captain had given him, the whole report of the new information. She quickly fingered through it and nodded before walking off.

Turning back to the door, and back to Hiiro, he smiled. It had been a long day for both of them, sleep and time was all they needed. He hoped at least. "Come on Hiiro-chan. Its time to go back. Tomorrow will be a new day." With that, Kasumi walked outside and waited for Hiiro.
Back to top Go down
Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:41 pm

Hiiro blinked as soft lips brushed against her cheek. What was....? her mind seemed to stop working lightly and her cheeks flushed. Did he just? Her mind reeled a bit in the silence and after a few moments she let her arms fall gently to rest on the ground, she had knelt next to him. With the rain patting down onto both of them.

Watching him get up and glance sightlessly ahead as he was thinking of so many things...She watched him before taking his hand and pulling herself up. She was somewhat unsteady on her feet but the feeling quickly settled. She looked up at him before turning back to look at the cloudly skies the ran fell down upon her face.

"why are you sorry?" she looked to him. " you are sorry that Kifuume had become your friend so much that it hurts to see him? that you've proven your human by showing a simple emotion?" she turned to him. " don't be sorry kasumi-san. When you have nothing to be sorry for." she smiled up at him, giving what small comfort she could give.

Climbing up onto his back she hugged his neck lightly again and resting her chin on his shoulder. Sighing into him, she was comfortable. letting her mind wander softly. Not concentrating on anything in perticular. The Endless white walls or the puddles around them as they mixed into blurs of Kasumi's flash step. She thought to her memories of Kifuume, and of Kasumi.

She had first met him the same day she met Kifuume. About a week into her academy she was shy around other people especially seniors when she was just a freshmen. She could warm up to those guys. Even if it was just a small call of hello from the halls or meeting up during a break. She didn't have many friends to go by, so she enjoyed their company while it lasted. Saddened to see them leave, she was so happy to find them in the same squad as she was. Especially now, Kasumi carrying her carefully as ifhe was afraid to damage her. Had he always been this ginger with her? she tried to remember, But she never remembered a situation like this before.

They reached the outskirts of the 12th division and she gazed around. The rain had let up to a semi light drizzle making the walk a bit more bearable. She didn't like hindering Kasumi like this. She wanted to get this over with so she could get them both home and into dry clothes.

He set her down and walked inside. Walking with him to the door she chose to stay outside. It wasn't like she could escape the cold form in their. She would rather rough it out under a overhang than go inside. But as soon as kasumi was gone she felt the eye's of the hidden camera's on her, hugging her sides she pressed herself up against the wall and closed her eye's trying to think of the steady patter of rain dripping from the overhand to the ground. Counting down the minutes until Kasumi would return and they could go home.

Her mind wandered to Captain Shuunske. Was he still in the Captains meeting? She wondered vaguely if he still had that agitated look upon his face. If things have been cleared up or if they were worse off than before. Watched the ground lightly he held her hips with her cold hands shaking under her wet clothes. Torn up suddenly by Kasumi's voice.
" hm?" she hummed looking up at him. Her eye's brightened. " yes. Home, sleep food, warm. all these things sound good to me." she laughed softly. "Tomorrow." she took a breath and looked to him with a small smile. "why does that word have such an ominous feel to it now. I just want to go home, get out of these soaking clothes. take a bath and not think about tomorrow." she smiled up at him.

"So let's go." she took his hand and pulled him out into the rain before pausing and thinking for a moment. Then she hooked a finger around the tie in her hair and pulled it down. letting her wet hair fall to her shoulders, slightly wavy from being held up in a pony tail all day. "Kifuume always told me i should wear my hair down more often. I think i'll leave it down the rest of today." She started to walk down the hall.

"He wouldn't like it you know. Seeing you beating yourself up like this." Hiiro turned back to look at him. "you wanna know what i think?" she looked back ahead at the sky and smiled. " when we came to the spirit world in the first place...were do we dow when we die from here? I bet Kifuume is some happy laughing baby somewhere in the real world right about now. with a family, and a mother and a father. I bet he's happy." She looked over her shoulder at him.

"So, i won't tell anybody that you cried as long as you don't tell anybody that i broke protocol and spoke directly to the Captain like i did." she teased. She didn't fell so bad about things anymore. What was death with death just turned into life anyhow? She laughed lightly at her thoughts, feeling more uplifted than before she slowed her steps so Kasumi would walk next to her. She had been walking ahead of him. Back towards the 11th Barracks.

"When we get back i'll make you some tea before you have to go back ok?" she smiled, looking up at him. She had no idea what was going to happen to them tomorrow. So she wanted to relax, and stay in the today for as long as she could.

END TOPIC

1 - first news - rebellion DarkRain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 - first news - rebellion   1 - first news - rebellion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1 - first news - rebellion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Espada :: Creation Center :: Soul Society :: Squad Baraks-
Jump to: